Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Article about: Here, for instance, is a Mueller of late make with some similar traits. Bruce Burnham was going to buy this cap and sent it to me at the start of the last decade.

Default Re: Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentHere, for instance, is a Mueller of late make with some similar traits. Bruce Burnham was going to buy this cap and sent it to me at the start of the last decade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment
    P
    Many

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentThe cap in this image is identical to the one at the start of said thread.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am sorry to be a scold, but through the accident of fate and my own fixation on this subject, I have handled these and others.
    You are not scolding anyone, only teaching. Which I thank you for.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    You are not scolding anyone, only teaching. Which I thank you for.
    Thanks.

Per request, here are the SS stamps of the undersides of 2 of these visors:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The stamps are fine. True is also the fact that the fakes are better, but the material you enclose is authentic, as are the caps overall.
    I am open to another interpretation, but I have collected these since 1971 and own more than fifty of the things.

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentThis is a fake stamp. It is found in a fake SSTV Montur sold by a notorious high end dealer in fakes. It must be a computer scan of a real one. Other stamps are a hash up. Again, you cannot really tell with these from the electric picture. You need the object, a lupe, and several real caps for comparison.
    That's how I do it, at least for myself.

The RZM/SS stamp in the original varies greatly in appearance, but I can spot a fake most of the time.
    Again, I have to have it in my hand to do so.

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentFewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & CommentThe sweat band in the Weissbach cap is identical to this as found in a grey cap. This cap is in the Beaver/Shea book. The RZM/SS buttons on this cap are dated 1941.

I agree, nothing beats an in-hand. I did have the opportunity to see one of these Muller Sonderanfertigung visors (which are also the subject of some controversy)--they are lovely originals:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast