Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

firefighters visor

Article about: hello!yust got this visor,but i'm not sure if it is ww2 period?for me looks like, but would like to hear some opinion. marker is Gustav(u) Koch, Mutzenfabrick..... take care jan

Default firefighters visor

hello!yust got this visor,but i'm not sure if it is ww2 period?for me looks like, but would like to hear some opinion.
    marker is Gustav(u) Koch, Mutzenfabrick.....
    take care
    janfirefighters visorfirefighters visorfirefighters visorfirefighters visorfirefighters visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement firefighters visor
    P
    Many

Hi

I think it has a chance on these pictures. Looks original pre was but these are hard to pin down.

cheers

tony

Unfortunately, it is a postwar piece. The prong holes and the outline of the postwar fire insignia give it away.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

this is the insignia that was originally on it. This style is still used to this day:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture firefighters visor  

thanks for answer.so it's not posible, that this visor is from ww2, but was also used postwar, and that's why have holes from postwar insignia?just asking....

The prong holes for a Police eagle are much closer together than the BRD fire insignia--yours are too far apart for a TR eagle.

hello Stonemint!i appreciate your opinion, but there are also two hols that could be from police eagle. it's hard to see in picture, but this two hols are above three hols that are from insignia you posted at post number 4...tomorow i will try to do better photos.

?

I would have to agree with stonemint the bottom pic looks like the postwar badge would fit the top two holes look like they are for some sort of disc relating to the area or provenance in which this hat was worn

ok guys, thanks for your opinion!

I hate to disagree with the expert but I wouldn't completely rule it out a lot of that fire stuff I have seen is redone and reworked from TR especially helmets I have seen fire coats with TR insignia removed you could see the outline of it (police eagle) so why not caps. Fire stuff is difficult to pin down. I knew a old collector who' s son in law had connections and he would send a lot of that fire equipment to him that had clearly been reworked and used even LS helmets. Just my two cents worth. timothy