Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'

Article about: A simple question but yet nobody has been able to clearly tell me what this is. I believe this is a repro with original parts sewn into it? this cap is not mine but lately i got an (imho) or

Default frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'

A simple question but yet nobody has been able to clearly tell me what this is. I believe this is a repro with original parts sewn into it? this cap is not mine but lately i got an (imho) original feuerloschpolizei schirmmutze with exactly the same lining and with the same amount of age too. I will ad some pictures of my fire cap for comparison. the last 7 pictures are from the fire police cap.

help me out please
    thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'   frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'  

frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'   frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'  

frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'   frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'
    P
    Many

That logo is a generic logo used by smaller concerns.
    The "SS" visor is what we call a Frankenstein--it is made up of parts from other caps.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

The second cap looks to be original, the same can't be said about the first. The sand-blasted exterior is usually a give away.

frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'Sand blasted or not, in my enclosures...originals, but in black.

For reasons that do mystify me, there has been a cascade of dorky, fake SS caps here recently, which either speaks to the success of this site
    in the digital firmament as a beacon of hope, or bespeaks some malevolent attempt to spoof us on an ongoing basis with a repugnant heap of textile larceny.

Nice to hear from you, Patrick, I hope your studies are progressing and you are witness to extraordinary political events in the British Isles and so forth.
    You knowledge of the past will well avail you in the turmoil of the moment.

frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'One sees in German ebay the handful of authentic caps bought up to be recycled in this repugnant form. Sad, really, but all to fill the demand from those who
    aspire to own such items without the necessary sacrifice of time and thought to enable success. The point-and-click syndrome with SS regalia on line is a real illness, which causes a tragedy for those who are gulled and results in a nuisance for those of us compelled politely and circumspectly to manage the damage in all its public, digital splendor.
    The beginner should step back from the avarice of the moment and perform the due diligence that is incumbent on any difficult undertaking.

it appears the visor hat was made by ludwig vogele...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture frankenstein SS visor cap 'deutsche wertarbeit'  

I apologize for reviving such an old thread, it would seem, this ss visor is on the market and I was planning to buy it. I was curious if there is any chance it may be real. it has insignia, late war zinc eagle and skull, possibly Assmann.

Thank you

?

It would be best to post the new photo's in as much detail as possible before buying anything. The consensus is this cap is not authentic. If the cap is indeed the first one pictured save your money. For the purposes of learning though please do post the new photo's as they will save someone else money in the future like this thread may have saved you.
    Regards, Al

The cap was bad then, it is still bad today.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here are more photos for review, there is no doubt that this is the same visor pictured in the original post. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast