Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

a friend is looking at this SA cap

Article about: Hi guys can anybody help with this cap . a friend is on vacation and found this early SA cap in a shop any thoughts would be great .

?

Default a friend is looking at this SA cap

Hi guys can anybody help with this cap . a friend is on vacation and found this early SA cap in a shop any thoughts would be great .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a friend is looking at this SA cap   a friend is looking at this SA cap  

a friend is looking at this SA cap   a friend is looking at this SA cap  

a friend is looking at this SA cap   a friend is looking at this SA cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a friend is looking at this SA cap
    P
    Many

?

Anybody help please . Gary

I think its good

?

Thank you MrPotts this cap is way out of my expertise.

Have you looked at the excellent SA Kepi reference thread that we have here? If not, I'd strongly suggest that you take a look through it and see what you think! And, yes-I cannot see anything glaringly amiss with the hat in question.
    SA-EM/NCO Kepis
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Yes William I did take a look I didn't see one like it but great source of information. I've never held one of these caps and my friend is two states away on vacation so anything even with the reference page for me is a shot in the dark . thank you for you input I'm very grateful that we have such great members here that take their time and help each other. Gary

Hello Gary, True, there aren't any examples shown exactly like yours, but if you page through the various images, you'll see the Construction methods are there to compare. Such as the lack of stitching on the edge of the visor. Most do have stitching, but there is at least one example shown in the same cloth used that does not. The small bits such as the buckles on the strap and the attachments on the strap. The insignia's and buttons. The vents are not visible in your photos but should be examined and compared closely to the given examples. The lining, etc. If all of these small bits are taken into account and examined, it should be no problem. Personally, I'm not seeing any reason to not like it, but, of course, more photos would definitely help much too!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Bob Coleman is the man to go to on these.
    Morris

?

William hanks again these are the only photos I have if he buys it I will post better photos.

?

A few more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a friend is looking at this SA cap   a friend is looking at this SA cap  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast