Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Article about: Hi there, Looking for opinions on this Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze please.

Thanks for you help everyone. I will post the other items up on the forum I bought from him which include the tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Bergmutze
    P
    Many

Hi again everyone.

OK so you may knwo I managed to get a really nice tunic and trousers to do my GJ mannequin. It is not the price that bothers me with this stuff rather not getting stuck with a fake. I sold my WWI collection of Aussie uniforms including full light horse etc. to concerntrate on WWII the GJ is the last uniform of one of Australias enemies (I have a Vichy French, Italian, Japanese).

Carry on on from my last post I have just come across this other Bergmutze and would like your opinion. My concern here again is that it appears to be of similiar material as my other Berg I posted and it is also lacking the air vents. Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Heres some to examine and compare mate
    Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Reject this one too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, Thanks for your opinion, the latest prospective hat the one above is from Bill Shea from Ruptured Duck whom I thought had a great reputation. I am glad I foudn out it was a fake!

Default Another Bergmutze maybe third time lucky!

Ok this is my next option, I am not worried about the price however I just want a pre-1941 GJ Bergmutze to go with my uniform representing Crete. Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Default Rejection

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Reject this one too.
    Hi Ade,

Thanks for your feedback on the above cap. My issue now is that I am lost either way. I posted the images of the above cap as it was similiar in construction and materials with an early date. The latest cap I posted you have rejected, but no reason given

The cap is for sale at the Ruptured Duck, Bill Shea. I am not sure why a relativly in expensive item woudl be sold on his website if it were fake it does not make sense why risk your reputation on an item worth less than $1500 US. Please state your reasons for rejecting it?

- - ------- - -

Reject this one too.
    Hi Ade,

Thanks for your feedback on the above cap. My issue now is that I am lost either way. I posted the images of the above cap as it was similiar in construction and materials with an early date. The latest cap I posted you have rejected, but no reason given

The cap is for sale at the Ruptured Duck, Bill Shea. I am not sure why a relativly in expensive item woudl be sold on his website if it were fake it does not make sense why risk your reputation on an item worth less than $1500 US. Please state your reasons for rejecting it?
    https://www.therupturedduck.com/collections/other-headgear/products/excellent-early-army-other-ranks-bergmutze

Bill sells good items. I did not say it was fake. I just prefer to see the earlier type with sweatband. If you like it can buy it fine with no worries. All down to preference.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Bill sells good items. I did not say it was fake. I just prefer to see the earlier type with sweatband. If you like it can buy it fine with no worries. All down to preference.

Cheers, Ade.
    OK just when I thought I had given up this one turns up on the market. Thoughts please

Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Default side view and back view

Gebirgsjäger BergmutzeGebirgsjäger Bergmutze

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast