Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Genuine Luftwaffe cap?

Article about: Hello everyone. I have this cap. I have never seen another one like it, its not in any reference book I've seen, and have always assumed it to be a fake. It is unmarked. Would members be kin

Default Genuine Luftwaffe cap?

Hello everyone. I have this cap. I have never seen another one like it, its not in any reference book I've seen, and have always assumed it to be a fake. It is unmarked. Would members be kind enough to share their opinion with me, and also if the cap is a fake, is the eagle patch also fake?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Genuine Luftwaffe cap?   Genuine Luftwaffe cap?  

Genuine Luftwaffe cap?   Genuine Luftwaffe cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine Luftwaffe cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine Luftwaffe cap?

IMO the whole lot is fake including the trap

Yes thats what I expected, thank you.

Dont take my word for it, its just my opinion ! but i would be surprised if its a good un !

?

The insignia looks good to me. I havent seen a cap like it but the material looks like the ones used on mechanics headgear?

Cheers, Pat

Interesting, thank you. Any more opinions?

Doug

The cap is trying to be an M43 cap, which IMO it is not

The insignia is also repro in my opinion, look how the bottom of the swaz goes underneath the cockade, repro IMO

EDIT: Have seen examples like this but still think its repro

?

M43 caps are not my thing and I am sure Ben could determine what the cap is when he checks it out, but to me it looks good. And if it isint it just means I need to re-read the feldmuetze section in my reference book again .

Also just because it doesent have markings does not mean its bad. Though a lot of people think side caps and feldmutzes must have stamps or they are not original.

Cheers, Pat

The only HBT caps of a M43 shape were made for the RAD, but are a grey green colour and have the false seam and a single button on the front. Some Italian made caps were lined in HBT and field made examples of a M43 do exist, but you would struggle to convince many collectors that this is real as it is too far from the text book for most I would think.

I'm not a fan of the insignia.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your responses. I especially take Jerry's point that even if the cap were authentic, it would be very difficult to convince other collectors of this. However, I would of thought it should be potentially possible to ascertain two things about this cap - does the material match that used in any known authentic uniform, and is the trapezoid patch authentic?

I have had this cap for five years, it has been seen by several collectors and previously appeared on other forums, with inconclusive results, but a strong bias towards it all being fake. I would like to get some resolution to this if possible.

I think that the patch (and the cap) is not authentic, and would like to clear this up. I have therefore removed the patch so that the back can be seen. If we can determine that the patch is a fake, I will be quiet happy to consider the whole thing a fake and the matter will be resolved. Clearly if the patch is authentic, it improves the chances of the cap being good and it will have been a bad idea to remove it, so its a gamble, but I think its all fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Genuine Luftwaffe cap?   Genuine Luftwaffe cap?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast