Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Genuine Luftwaffe cap?

Article about: Hello everyone. I have this cap. I have never seen another one like it, its not in any reference book I've seen, and have always assumed it to be a fake. It is unmarked. Would members be kin

Default Re: Genuine Luftwaffe cap?

Well said Jerry!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine Luftwaffe cap?
    P
    Many

?

Agreed, well said. I just don't think one should jump to conclusions so fast unless it is really obvious.
    Dean.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Agreed, well said. I just don't think one should jump to conclusions so fast unless it is really obvious.
    Dean.
    Indeed Dean, but Douglas has had this cap for years and this is the 2nd thread he has started on it with little in the way of any serious thumbs ups as to its originality. Saying it is an original fieldmade item IMO does not really carry much weight unless backed up with reasons for that opinion IMHO. I am not having a go at you Dean, its just that opinions without supporting evidence are pointless unless items are obvious one looker fakes which could have been discovered by the smallest amount of research having been undertaken.

I could say that the Moon is made of cheese IMO, but nobody will believe me unless I can offer evidence to support that and saying such a thing adds nothing to any debate about the composition of the Moon.

I have noticed of late that many opinions are being offered with little weight behind them by members who then scuttle of to the next item to post a similar opinion that again they could not substantiate if asked to do so and such posts are not good for this forum IMHO, though that is only my opinion and as always can be treated as each member sees fit.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ok, thanks very much everybody. I am still looking for opinions on this, and the authenticity of the trap, but in the absence of any evidence to the contrary this will remain in my fake box.

I do of course very much agree with Jerry in looking for evidence. Evidence of a similar cap known to be authentic, evidence of items made from similar material known to be authentic, evidence of a matching eagle trap known to be authentic, photographs of such an item in wear. Only with some of these things would I feel confident to include this item in my collection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3