Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German artillery visor caps - opinions needed

Article about: I recently bought this artillery cap. It is badly restored, which the cap shows signs of. Is it original from WW2?

?

Default German artillery visor caps - opinions needed

I recently bought this artillery cap. It is badly restored, which the cap shows signs of. Is it original from WW2?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German artillery visor caps - opinions needed
    P
    Many

Hello, an interesting cap! I have a few observations/concerns. The sweatshied is odd, I can t remember seeing a period one embossed like that, and poorly sewn in. The vertical center seem (above band leading to caps peak) is rather crude and overexaggerated. Why the wreath doesn't fit within the caps center band, and lastly why a wire is protruding through the upper red pipe are all concerns. It has a cool zombie like look to it, but I'm not convinced it was a war period cap. I recently read of a company (at the front...I think?) making scary close M43's using old tattered material from period greatcoats, that were beyond salvage I wonder if this is a similar example as some things look ok.. but it just quite isn't. JMO. I ll be interested to hear others opinions on it. If all else fails a neat space filler if the price wasn't bad. Kindest regards.

Brian

Have a look through Stoney's beater visor thread. There's some caps that have been through the proverbial wringer but somehow you can still see the quality in their construction (more or less).

Post Your Pics of Beater Visors!
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.