MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???

Article about: Greetings , purchased this a while ago not to far from my home on a gamble and would love to hear your thoughts and if this is what I believe. Early ww2 German alpine hat. Medal badge looks

Default German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???

Greetings , purchased this a while ago not to far from my home on a gamble and would love to hear your thoughts and if this is what I believe. Early ww2 German alpine hat. Medal badge looks like its prussian? Thank you in advance!German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Forestry/Hunting/Alpine hat?? Authentication/identification???
    P
    Many

It's simply a traditional civilian hat; I see nothing to specifically connect it to hunting, forestry or the WW2 period. (Mind you, it doesn't look very old to begin with.)

Nothing Prussian, either: The hat is southern in style and the ornamental badge shows a panorama of Nuremberg above her lesser (right) and greater (left) coat-of-arms.

Given that a Gamsbart is not traditionally worn in Franconia and that Gamsbart holders are normally closed at the bottom (rather than have the bundle of hair protruding there), I do wonder whether someone got creative here.

Appreciate the info! Might be a good wall hanger on my deer mount