Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german side cap

Article about: hey guys i wanted to see if this side cap is authentic its at a antique shop and to me it looks good but the eagle seems a bit off especially where the claw ans swastika meet. im no expert i

Default german side cap

hey guys i wanted to see if this side cap is authentic its at a antique shop and to me it looks good but the eagle seems a bit off especially where the claw ans swastika meet. im no expert ive just never seen a real one look like this. i want to buy it if its real if you guys can help me id really appreciate it. thanks german side capgerman side capgerman side capgerman side cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german side cap
    P
    Many

its hard to see buy the hat also says 1943 inside

Not a material I have seen before. The ones I have owned are wool with cotton linings. From your pics, it looks denim or courderoy with a rayon lining.
    Maybe a lightweight summer issue cap, but not one I have seen. Just a guess.
    The eagle & rosette look fine so it is probably a good one, just not typical seen construction material

Ok cool hopefully more people will weigh in I'd love to own it but would like more ppl to confirm it's authenticity and I agree I've only seen wool has anyone else seen this material? Thx for the replay it helps

Did some research for you since you were so polite. "Virtualgrenadier.com"...go to cloth headgear (sold) page 5. Bottom hat is the exact model as yours. Described as a "Gaberdine type wool". "Late model Luft M43" ..Same interior & markings & construction materials

If it's on his site, it's most likely real
    David

Some refer to them as "Garrison" or "mechanic's" caps.
    Looks okay to me.
    Post a couple photos of the marksmanship lanyard also please.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

I have an M-43 of a similar material, almost like a denim, very soft.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german side cap  

Great thx guys. I would post a pic of the lanyard but is at the store sry. So based on what you guys see do you guys think I should buy it?

CBH
    ?

All depends on how much it is, and how much you want it.

I don't believe these are as sought after as the standard wool type.

Check dealer sites for similar examples, and 50/75% of that price is actual value.

I definitely want it and I can always haggle I just didn't want to buy a fake if you guys think it's real I'm picking it up tomorrow. So for authenticity sake it's a good one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast