Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German war hat.

Article about: Need a quick sale any offers

Default Re: German war hat.

Sigh...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German war hat.
    P
    Many

Quote by Germanhat View Post
    The hat I have has been handed down to me by my grandad who recently died who has told me some brief history on it but very brief wondering if there was any chance of proving this?
    AAAAARRRRGGGHHHhhh GRANDAD AGAIN! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German war hat.  

Wow, didn't realise a hello would be needed as we wasn't speaking face to face, my apologies, as for pictures for light I can take many more pictures in the light tomorrow, ill take a few shots in natural light with various angles, as for you "fall" everyone's been really helpful and will would really appreciate if you kept your comments about my grandad to yourself, if you have nothing useful to input please don't try to be funny, thank you to everyone e trying to help me it's this, I really do appreciate your help.

Germanhat---
    Once again, I want to welcome you to the forum. However, we all have had many experiences over the years (on this forum and others) with people who show up out of nowhere with the purpose of trying to unload a fake item quickly, and then disappear, so I hope you can understand the reaction of many on this forum.

If you have an item you have questions about, simply post it in the appropriate forum with as many pictures as possible so that people can give you an informed decision.

As I stated, I do not collect M-43s, so I do not comment on them. However, many people who do already have commented on your cap, advising that it is a reproduction. Given their experience level, I would strongly urge that you consider their collective opinion.

In any event, we look forward to continued contributions in the future, and we are all here to help.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I think we are all getting a tad cynical gents.
    OK we get some folk fishing on the forum but should not we offer our assistance as a first option. Most of us posted a question as our first post I would think .Innocent until proven guilty I feel.
    Welcome to the forum mate. I hope someone helps you out with your Feldmutze.

All the best
    Dave

I thought that this hat had been pretty much decided as not good on the other thread about it?

Could somebody help please
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

^ was going to say this hat popped up earlier as a reenactor hat.......got some nice SS stamped nun chucks used by Amon goath if anyone wants to buy........

Also if your grandfather has just passed away (with all respect if its true) why would you be wanting to sell so quick and so cheap, a tad disrespectful isn't it?
    Last edited by Desertrat1921; 07-09-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Another point

Quote by Germanhat View Post
    Wow, didn't realise a hello would be needed as we wasn't speaking face to face, my apologies, as for pictures for light I can take many more pictures in the light tomorrow, ill take a few shots in natural light with various angles, as for you "fall" everyone's been really helpful and will would really appreciate if you kept your comments about my grandad to yourself, if you have nothing useful to input please don't try to be funny, thank you to everyone e trying to help me it's this, I really do appreciate your help.
    My apologies Germanhat, this is as stated not an original M43 SS cap. The Adler and skull insignia is extremely poor in it's construction(look closely at the thin definition and gaps in the design) Wherever your grandad picked this up from,it was not Europe between 1933-45.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 07-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Wherever your granddad picked this up from,it was not Europe between 1933-45.

Hello,
    1943-1945 would be better here as the Einheitsfeldmütze was adopted in June 1943...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    1943-1945 would be better here as the Einheitsfeldmütze was adopted in June 1943...
    Thanks
    Very true!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2