Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze

Article about: hello all, I think the flying eagle & cockade are not good? I looked at Luftwaffe caps on this forum and can not find one like this. I think its is bad? thanks for the help

?

Default German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze

hello all,

I think the flying eagle & cockade are not good? I looked at Luftwaffe caps on this forum and can not find one like this.
    I think its is bad?

thanks for the help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze   German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze  

German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze   German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze
    P
    Many

Default re: German WWII Luftwaffe Officers Fliegermutze

Hi Mike, actually I think this one is good.

I would like to see a decent photo of the interior.

The cut and fine Trikot wool used is correct. Note the nice heavy piped seams. Insignia looks fine, just the cockade has a few loose threads giving it a poor appearance.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,

thanks for the info . just wasn't sure about the insigna with the single thread look for the wing seperation and the single thread between the feet. Also the piping at the swastica was bulging out.

I think I am going to buy this but - how to resew the cockade or leave it alone?

thanks
    mike kloiber

I would say leave as is . If you swap cockades its not as nice as having what was there possibly from the war. Aluminium threads get miss shaped so in my view it adds character , rather than a mint piece straight from the tailor . I just added mint officer litzen (was cellophane wrapped) to a tunic and they look to clean against the shoulder straps

?

Rob,

thanks for your input and I will not touch the character as I think the seller would not do this on purpose. I have purchased this earlier today.

thanks again
    mike k

Hi, sorry but I'm not that keen on this one, I dont like the insignia, looks reapplied at the least-the eagle- and I think its a post waqr example with probably fake insignia. Mind you, this is only my opinion and I could be wrong.

VonBond