Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hannover Schirmmütze

Article about: Ha! Oh man, you know it! My budget is busted for this year! Gotta sell off some stuff now...

?

Default Re: Hannover Schirmmütze

Ha! Oh man, you know it! My budget is busted for this year! Gotta sell off some stuff now...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hannover Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

From those links, you can do the maths on how many men could have worn the cap
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I hear you there Eddie I always have good intentions to sell off some of my bits and pieces and bank the money but there is always something else that catches my eye.
    I did manage to pick up the badge I was telling you about I am stoked I got it at a decent price

Regards Mark K

?

Alright! The waiting game paid off!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    From those links, you can do the maths on how many men could have worn the cap
    I sure hope so, Math was my worst subject, I always enjoyed History however... Thanks for the awesome links though, I'm going to have something nice to read while I drink my coffee on my day off! Thank you kindly!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Eddie, the traditions skull was worn by Brunswick Inf Regt 92. But durung the Reichwehr era the tradition passed to 1st & 4th Kompanies of Inf Regt 17.

So from 10th Feb 1939:

Regimental staff, 1st and 2nd Battalion Headquaters, 1, 4, 13 and 14 Kompanies of Infanterie Regt 17.

Also worn by 2nd Abteilung and 4th Squadron of Reiter Regt 13.

Worn by all members of 41st Kav Regt, 4th Cav Div. circa 1944-1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ok Ade, lets see if I got this right... If there are 797 EM in a battalion, this would include the 4 Kompanies of Infanterie Regt.17, but we would exclude the signals men listed in the table in the second link, and also exclude the cavalry men that you mentioned as the waffenfarbe would not be white like in my new cap. So, the number would be somewhere slightly south of 797 EM that could have worn this cap? I'm a little confused with the terminology, of Batallion vs Regiment? I wish I was more confident with this answer as I really appreciate the links, but I had a bit of a hard time finding the relevant numbers embarrassingly enough.

?

Hannover Schirmmütze

Got this in the mail the other day! Very finely made, it's a real treat to examine a cap that was made this well, the doeskin wool is very nice.
    After a bit of very careful poking around I found a date on one of the newspapers, Jan 1st 1938.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2