Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication

Article about: Hey guys, I've been looking to get an M43, and I wanted to get some of your thoughts on this one. It looks good to me, but I'm no pro, and the seller is not always reputable. Thanks.

?

Default Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication

Hey guys, I've been looking to get an M43, and I wanted to get some of your thoughts on this one. It looks good to me, but I'm no pro, and the seller is not always reputable. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication   Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication  

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication   Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication  

Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication  
    Last edited by mabrgo; 05-09-2011 at 12:54 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Einheitsfeldmütze M43 - Need Authenitication

anyone?

?

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    anyone?
    Just saying, I like the reprocessed wool and the factory sewn trap,..construction looks right and some sweat stains on the underside of the bill near forehead,...Buttons look oxidized and okay,..simple size only stamping is nice,..I am always concerned when the rag filler extends beyond the scallop so much. I have liked the filler to be tucked in a bit more and not so obvious, like luft M-43's...I have seen the filler before as 2 different colors of rag one black and one white on separate sides and tucked deeply in, on Heers, not sticking out. Any time I have seen that and examined them closer, they seem to be made of used material and the previous stitch marks show. I am no expert, those are just things I have noticed. And at the Maxx show one year, years ago, several dealers had them,...maybe only 3-4 dealers out of a lot of tables, all about the same,...??... yet, I like to see no rag filler or deeply tucked rag filler. and I mean rag.
    That is just me, and someone will have sport with me for going first.
    There are many more well versed souls here who will enlighten us more.
    Were it me, I would examine it for used material with previous stitch marks....

?

and as i study it a bit more, why are there no consistent sweat stains across the entire brow, and why is there a funny bit of damage on the left side,...?? to me,..it all appears as a good attempt to deceive,...and just for giggles, it appears the trap is very wide,... and the eagle's head looks weird....along with the size stamping looking like it was done recently...,,

?

Quote by jws54 View Post
    and as i study it a bit more, why are there no consistent sweat stains across the entire brow, and why is there a funny bit of damage on the left side,...?? to me,..it all appears as a good attempt to deceive,...and just for giggles, it appears the trap is very wide,... and the eagle's head looks weird....along with the size stamping looking like it was done recently...,,
    Thanks for the reply. I thought the damage looked odd. Why would ripping off an edelweis make a slit like that - it was sewn in more than one point, and the oak leave badge were two prongs. Plus, it is a little far back to be damage from a badge. Now that I look at it, the material looks too baggy and too soft as well - a lot like more modern caps. Thanks again

mabrgo

?

it's a shame that we have to play "detective" on such a simple thing as a field cap,...yet, I have learned that in this WRF by men who know many many things and have a penchant for sharing,....I am just a tadpole and may well be wrong in my assessment,...

Many period Heer mantels were cut up to make fkae schiffen and feldmutze around ten years ago. Personally, I agree that there has been an attempt to age this piece. From experience, I would suggest that it is not wise to deal with an individual who does not have a good reputation. He is either a crook or a dumbie. Either way, why roll the dice with such an individual on what is a fairly common item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

and just for more giggles,...I have seen jaeger badges with 4 prongs ,...top, bottom, and both sides,...they left a distinct hole in the cloth as viewed from inside out,...

?

thanks guys. Going to pass.

mabrgo