Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heer General's Schirmmütze Quiz

Article about: I like the quizes, even though I cant understand half of it, the half I do understand is great learning meterial. Long may they continue and hopfully I will soon correctly answer one. At fir

?

Default re: Heer General's Schirmmütze Quiz

I like the quizes, even though I cant understand half of it, the half I do understand is great learning meterial. Long may they continue and hopfully I will soon correctly answer one.

At first Friedrichs posts were all overwhelming but over the past year I find them incrediably interesting. And great ideas for Colages.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer General's Schirmmütze Quiz
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I surely do not want to deprive you of fun. Not at all. And where I am, there is the seminar, for which I cannot do otherwise.
    Happy hats. My contribution to entertainment comes via words and pictures.
    You are the main source of entertainment on this forum, without doubt and for good reason!

Why then the animosity towards this quiz? See how it brought out some interesting opinions from all of us!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    In the UK, the lack of actual skilled vocational training is almost non existent now. The news judges the nations success by declaring 500 new jobs by Tesco, McDonalds or some other service industry as if these companies are the saviour of our country!

No wonder that young people have no aspirations when the only jobs available to them are serving burgers or stacking supermarket shelves.

I'm really glad to hear of the investment in Germany in regards to actual industrial skills. Not one word of this is ever mentioned in the press in the UK but I have no doubt that it's the main reason why Germany is the strongest country in Europe.
    Thanks. In Germany there is lots of vocational training, and in the U.S. it was long poo pooed in favor of the service economy, and see the result.

I am not an economist, but in my real life I am much concerned with the issues of education, training, and, tangentially, vocational training in let us call then "governmental organizations," and I teach about all of this.

My family also had a tradition dry goods before I defected into less practical realms.

But the vocational training in Germany and Austria is impressive, as it is also in my adopted Slovakia, where the tradition is more or less of its German speaking neighbors.

?

I'm going to start a new thread regarding what our forum members would like to discuss.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm going to start a new thread regarding what our forum members would like to discuss.
    A good idea. I am a fan of these quizzes because I have learned from them.

You gentlemen here have made me wonder over the past several months about the lack of artisanship in the world today. I think it was Stonemint who mentioned the other day that post-1945 caps became junk with their plastic parts and glued-on insignia. I think that it would be a wonderful thing to revive, including the attitudes behind it. I can tell that some of you older guys miss it.

Ironically most of my 'made in China' stuff works better and lasts longer than anything else I use. I'm not saying that one country's wares are better than others, but it's true that people just don't care about the things they make anymore. If I lived in Germany in the 1930's I think I would have tried to get an apprenticeship at a mom n' pop shop making hats. It certainly would have been more interesting than McDonald's.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Bravo. A good idea.

Heer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze QuizHeer General's Schirmmütze Quiz
    Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    A good idea. I am a fan of these quizzes because I have learned from them.

You gentlemen here have made me wonder over the past several months about the lack of artisanship in the world today. I think it was Stonemint who mentioned the other day that post-1945 caps became junk with their plastic parts and glued-on insignia. I think that it would be a wonderful thing to revive, including the attitudes behind it. I can tell that some of you older guys miss it.

Ironically most of my 'made in China' stuff works better and lasts longer than anything else I use. I'm not saying that one country's wares are better than others, but it's true that people just don't care about the things they make anymore. If I lived in Germany in the 1930's I think I would have tried to get an apprenticeship at a mom n' pop shop making hats. It certainly would have been more interesting than McDonald's.
    There is no nationalistic judgment here, but a generalization about the social and economic world that created these things. It interests me more than others, and I am pretty forceful in my insistence that the context of Germany in the time explains much of this stuff. Others can see the issue in a different light.
    However, Nazi Germany only existed for twelve brief years, and its restless pace of destructive change remains evident in these pieces of the past. You can ignore this fact, or embrace it. I do the latter.

FB the Picture king !

arffff the thread is to late for me !

well... the SW is wrong with plastic black visor for sure...

That's good news as I have a lot to learn on this mine field of a subject, good on you and anybody else who does,If those who are very knowledgeable do not pass their skills on to us willing and able novices how will this hobby last.
    I do not feel no shame in saying am I novice, I want to learn.

Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3