Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is This Heer m43 Cap Trapezoid Good?

Article about: Greetings all, I found this piece for sale, and I would like to get some opinions on it. It looks good to me and matches up with other original examples that I could find. I am pretty confid

RZM
    ?

Default Is This Heer m43 Cap Trapezoid Good?

Greetings all,

I found this piece for sale, and I would like to get some opinions on it. It looks good to me and matches up with other original examples that I could find. I am pretty confident that it is a good one, but just want to get some more opinions. These are the only pictures that I have at the moment. If it's authentic, what would be a good price to pay for it?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Heer m43 Cap Trapezoid Good?   Is This Heer m43 Cap Trapezoid Good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This Heer m43 Cap Trapezoid Good?
    P
    Many

RZM
    ?

Anyone??

All looks good 43 general issue pattern

?

It looks good,..it has the correct construction that I'm used to seeing and to my understanding is something from 1943 or later due to it's trapaziodal shape and the mouse grey colors on the eagle. Earlier bevos were darker background and not sewn into trapaziod configurations,..but were done as eagle and corcade separately,unless you argue "T" shaped insignia for bergmutze caps. dark and light green backgrounds and white and mosue grey eagles. In the hand, it should be fairly floppy and the strands of the woven parts will not be tightly woven together as to make it stiff,..you should easily be able to shift it about and notice, with little effort how loose the weave actually is. When sewing them on a cap, some care must be taken to keep them in shape or you can end up with an lop sided mess. I am not saying you are using this for restoration, yet if you were, this is one thing you notice. If you are considering buying one for restoration of a cap,...consider buying one that has already been previously applied for a few reasons,...1 is that the material underfolded will be crisp, 2 is that it will have some wear, 3 is that you may follow the old stitching holes as you sew it.
    As far as price goes, you can find them easily for around 50 US Dollars just about anywhere,..major sites and all better still is 25 dollars and check German Militaria Collectables for that price range. I get a lot of insignia there and some nice other things. Bill Shea is fair too, (The Ruptured Duck),..might want to check out Summertime Vacation Militaria,..although they sell out fast,..... You can find some way crazy prices out there also,..but they hang around 50 bucks,..I hope this helps,....it's just my opinion, and M43 caps is all I do and have done for the last few decades,....when You get it in hand, snip off a pc of thread and give it the burn test, where it burns like a glowing fuse with no lumpy end as would modern threads,...run your fingers over the unburnt portion and you will find no lump at the end of the burnt thread,.... I hope this helps