Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer NCO Artillery Cap... concerns

Article about: My biggest concern relates to the pristine condition of the inner head band... and the fact that aside from a faded size marker I can find no other lettering or identification markings insid

?

Default Heer NCO Artillery Cap... concerns

Heer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concernsHeer NCO Artillery Cap... concerns

My biggest concern relates to the pristine condition of the inner head band... and the fact that aside from a faded size marker I can find no other lettering or identification markings inside the cap.

I'd really like to keep adding to my visor collection and the price is very reasonable assuming the item checks out, 425, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer NCO Artillery Cap... concerns
    P
    Many

?

It looks good to me.

MAP
    ?

Same here. Later war (?) issue cap with ersatz sweatband. What type of marking were you looking for? There is often (but not always maker / date stamps inside of the band) but with an issue cap I would not expect other visible marks beyond the size.

(Anyone else, please feel free to confirm or correct)

Given the nips or wear of the fabric around the sweatband and condition of the insignia maybe you could knock it down a bit?? I see these going for retail in the low $400 range to much more.

Overall a nice cap.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, a good cap. Looks like a small size. NH

?

Cap looks OK to me, and it appears to be a pre-war version, given the light shade of green for the band. Also looks like a nickel silver wreath that's tarnished. Cannot tell from the photos if it's a tellermutze or sattelmutze shape.

BobS

It is fine and pre war. It is a lower quality private purchase cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!