Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Officers Visor

Article about: Hi everyone, i have a chance to purchase this visor, it looks ok to me, just always a little unsure when the maker has been ripped out..thank you for youe time

Default Heer Officers Visor

Hi everyone, i have a chance to purchase this visor, it looks ok to me, just always a little unsure when the maker has been ripped out..thank you for your time
    Heer Officers VisorHeer Officers VisorHeer Officers VisorHeer Officers VisorHeer Officers Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers Visor
    P
    Many

Any markings under the sweat band? NH

Im not sure Neil, i cant get it in hand

I think its a good cap. The celluloid sweat shields are very brittle and can disintigrate, this is not something to worry about in my opinion.

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Im not sure Neil, i cant get it in hand
    A quick internet course in masturbation would probably help. You will know when you get it hand it has a certain kind of feeling.

it looks ok to me.

Be careful--it looks to be an original EM/NCO contract (issue) cap with officer bullion insignia (and cords) added.
    The age-old question is when were they added--no way to prove it was wartime w/o rock-solid provenance.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

contract cap for sure..............don't pay a premium price for this because it's got bullion insignia. I always think they are most likely to be post war additions because if you were an officer or been promoted then surely you would buy a nice new hat to walk about in !

The only other reason to have an officers chin cord would be if the owner had passed his officer exams and was waiting for an assignment.....then they would have NCO uniforms but officer cords on the cap...............as Stoney says without provenance it is not a possible to make any conclusions.

cheers

Tony

Agree with the above posts. The sweat shield would have identified this as a contract cap for Mannschaften - anything NCO or below. The individual components look good. NH

Thank you Gentlemen ..i dont think ill get this one