Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Pith Shield Opinion

Article about: Hello, Can I get advise on this shield? I don't have a picture of the back. Thanks, Paul

Default Heer Pith Shield Opinion

Hello,

Can I get advise on this shield? I don't have a picture of the back.

Thanks,

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Pith Shield Opinion 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Pith Shield Opinion
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Pith Shield Opinion

The easiest way to tell is by looking at the reverse prongs...I also wouldn't consider buying without a photo of the reverse...
    cheers, Glenn

I'll see what I can do to get a picture of the back. If I can get a photo of the back, I'll post it. Should it have the circles on the front of the shield?

Thanks

It doesn't compare well with the originals here on the forum, especially the circles you mention. I would suggest passing on this one until something better comes along. They aren't rare...Just my thoughts!
    cheers, Glenn

Original as it has a less commonly seen method of attaching the pins which is visible from the front and only seen on some originals, though asking for opinions with such poor pics is mostly a waste of time, but in this case I can see enough to say good. You can see circular marks at 3 o clock and 7 o clock (if it was the right way up) and there would be another and would be the same maker as this example from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Pith Shield Opinion  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,

I agree the picture is horrible, but it is from an online estate sale. I'm hoping they send a picture of the back. Thanks for helping me! Hopefully I can get a picture of the back for a better determination.

Hi Paul, in this case you are lucky that it has that distinctive method of pin attachment as otherwise it would be impossible to give a worthwhile opinion from the pic posted, though still try and get to see the reverse as it might have lost its pins which reduce its value a bit. It is an original, but if it is without pins that makes it less desirable etc.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

the us army pins look original