Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help in Black SS Cap authentication

Article about: Hi all, I was just wondering if somebody could take a look at the attached black 'SS' cap and to hear their thoughts as to their authenticity. Knowing how many fakes are around I'm more than

Default Help in Black SS Cap authentication

Hi all,

I was just wondering if somebody could take a look at the attached black 'SS' cap and to hear their thoughts as to their authenticity. Knowing how many fakes are around I'm more than dubious, especially after having compared against fakes on this forum - but before I committed myself to one way or the other I would really appreciate a more knowledgeable opinion on its authenticity. It was supposedly picked up in Czechoslovakia, and comes with other things which appear to be OK - a Swastika flag and some Third Reich literature, but also some things which are definitely repro - like a 'Luftwaffe' dagger etc, so I am very much conflicted!

Thanks in anticipation

Help in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in Black SS Cap authentication
    P
    Many

I'm afraid .........as FB would put it "A stinker for sure"
    It's a repro.
    Sorry

Thank you - that's much appreciated!

I agree with John. One further comment:
    Just look at the word what should be as Hersteller!!

very poor copy.just a tip,i think FB mentioned this the other day ,dont compare to the fakes,compare to originals..cause they wont change

Sorry to write that my colleagues are correct. This cap is a fake, and of a kind I have not seen before.

Please look here.

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

a real black SS cap for an officer of the later type is for sale on Peter Jenkins' SSBW website.

a real black SS cap of the 1935/6 make is for sale on the Shea site. The ruptured duck in Massachusetts, USA.

Help in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationHelp in Black SS Cap authenticationThe sweat rhombus at hand is a fantasy design. Please contrast.

also look in this thread. What defines an "early" SS cap?

I specialize in this kind of thing and have included a lot of material not found elsewhere in the internet.

In future, before you buy an item of this kind, ask us here.

Also, our master Wim, who commented above, is the real expert and his wonderful books on Nazi caps contain much splendid material that costs far less than the purchase of a fake cap.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast