Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Article about: Hello members. I have spotted this beauty and want to purchase it ASAP. So the main thing is: Is it 1000000% original? In particular, are the insignia original? If the pics don't do much hel

Default Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Hello members. I have spotted this beauty and want to purchase it ASAP.
    So the main thing is: Is it 1000000% original? In particular, are the insignia original?
    If the pics don't do much help mainly because of the flash let me know to post some without it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Heer Schirmmutze   Help on Heer Schirmmutze  

Help on Heer Schirmmutze   Help on Heer Schirmmutze  

Help on Heer Schirmmutze  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Heer Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake German caps - all kinds

Here are some more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Heer Schirmmutze   Help on Heer Schirmmutze  

Help on Heer Schirmmutze  

maybe i should start a new thread in the forum? It is buried down here. Who is going to see this and when?

We made a separate category for what you want. The cap is real, but no one can really say when the badges were put on, and, in this case, who cares? Such caps in Germany were often de nazified. It was absolutely normal and omnipresent. If someone tries to denigrate a cap because the badges were taken off and re attached, then such a person should then collect Buck Roger's lunch boxes or Jim Beam bottles.

LOL agree with you. But by original i didn't mean if the insignia were the ones initially put on. I meant if they are real or fake. If they were added on on some point later, is something that only God knows. personally i don't care either.
    I just wanted to know about the authentication of the visor and it's insignia.

Put the cap in the real versus fake section. You should also take more accurate images of the badges. I cannot tell, nor is it my real metier. I own several very nice, authentic army caps, which I like a lot, but I cannot generalize about badges.Help on Heer Schirmmutze
    The cap itself seems like a real Kupper of Wuppertal cap to me.

PS actually I sold off a lot of what is here, but I kept some all the same.

Friedrich these names Kupper of Wuppertal you mentioned, are makers? Inside there is a label writing Pekuro. Isn't that the maker's name?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Friedrich these names Kupper of Wuppertal you mentioned, are makers? Inside there is a label writing Pekuro. Isn't that the maker's name?
    Peter Kupper of Wuppertal Ronsdorf is, in fact, Pekuero. It is part of the mania for acronyms of the era. Many regalia makers fashioned cute acronyms for themselves. It is also part of the central European tendency to put endings on everything and make them smaller and cute. I should know, I am married to a western Slav. Everything has an ending. English is not as flexible this way, really. In my household the English words get the endings of seven different cases and then are made diminutive.Help on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer Schirmmutze

heh Thanks Friedrich.
    Where exactly is the real versus fake section? It's not pinned. I thought this was the right place to put it. At least i was told so by a member.

Default re: Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Moved here for you. It is sub forum of the cap forum. You will see it listed in the main forum menu.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast