Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Article about: Hello members. I have spotted this beauty and want to purchase it ASAP. So the main thing is: Is it 1000000% original? In particular, are the insignia original? If the pics don't do much hel

Default re: Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Moved here for you. It is sub forum of the cap forum. You will see it listed in the main forum menu.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you. Happy new year, dear colleague.Help on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer Schirmmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Heer Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Are not all the shades of field grey a source of endless joy to us all here?

?

Default Re: Help on Heer Schirmmutze

For newcomers, Friedrich-Berthold's unique way of expressing himself can be confusing and it takes time to learn his language, both written and graphic!

The cap in question is an original made by Pekuro which is a peculiar semi acronym that German makers adopted. The full name of the maker is Peter Kupper of Wuppertal Ronsdorf as FB rightly pointed out.

Your cap is not in the finest condition, there's some mothing and the front section of the sweatband has been poorly repaired. As for the insignia, they look real enough but the cockade is hanging loosely from it's fixtures as evident from the ghost of it's impression on the green band. I would not feel confident that all bits of alloy are original to the cap. An issue to some, not to others.

Price is always a personal thing but I would not pay more than 300 euros for this one and only if I had to buy. The reason being that condition is king with the lesser desirable waffenfarbe and Artillery is probably at the bottom of the list.

I like the crane move so convenient.
    Thanks a lot Ade. Do you like my future and first visor?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

As Ben has stated, there are a few issues with it. I would wait for a better example.

Cheers, Ade.

I would not feel confident that all bits of alloy are original to the cap. An issue to some, not to others.
    Hello Ben and thanks for your time to write all these. When you said original to the cap i assume you mean originally-initially placed. Not that the insignia are not original=fake. Right?

?

That's correct, insignia seem authentic but maybe not original to the cap.

If it were my cap to sell, I would not expect to get anymore than about 220 euros for it.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    That's correct, insignia seem authentic but maybe not original to the cap.

If it were my cap to sell, I would not expect to get anymore than about 220 euros for it.
    Actually the price is 300 euros plus shipping. I believe it reflects the condition of the cap. Thanks for your help guys. Couldn't find all these by my self. Really appreciate

Quote by BenVK View Post
    For newcomers, Friedrich-Berthold's unique way of expressing himself can be confusing and it takes time to learn his language, both written and graphic!

The cap in question is an original made by Pekuro which is a peculiar semi acronym that German makers adopted. The full name of the maker is Peter Kupper of Wuppertal Ronsdorf as FB rightly pointed out.

Your cap is not in the finest condition, there's some mothing and the front section of the sweatband has been poorly repaired. As for the insignia, they look real enough but the cockade is hanging loosely from it's fixtures as evident from the ghost of it's impression on the green band. I would not feel confident that all bits of alloy are original to the cap. An issue to some, not to others.

Price is always a personal thing but I would not pay more than 300 euros for this one and only if I had to buy. The reason being that condition is king with the lesser desirable waffenfarbe and Artillery is probably at the bottom of the list.
    Help on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer Schirmmutze

Zarah Leander here said it best didn't she?, "...so bin ich, und so bleibe ich..."
    I am not going to stop posting picture of gnomes and car crashes until the number of "is it fake threads" is balanced with "here is my incredible, real and you can buy it for three pennies cap" threads in sufficient number. Besides, it took me a few thousand entirely normal and patient threads before I began my pictorial addenda to hat, holy stitch and crimped prongs haiku.

Artillery hats have their place for the followers of Saint Barbara and the like. Scharnhorst was a gunner and so was Clausewitz, I think.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Actually the price is 300 euros plus shipping. I believe it reflects the condition of the cap. Thanks for your help guys. Couldn't find all these by my self. Really appreciate
    You can find better caps on the noted US websites, I think. The advice to save your money is sound. There is more of this kind of thing in the cosmos than you think. It just takes some patience and energy to get it.Help on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer Schirmmutze

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast