Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Heer Schirmmutze

Article about: Hello members. I have spotted this beauty and want to purchase it ASAP. So the main thing is: Is it 1000000% original? In particular, are the insignia original? If the pics don't do much hel

?

Default Re: Help on Heer Schirmmutze

I'm misstaken again! "The first garden gnomes were made in Gräfenroda, a town known for its ceramics in Thuringia, Germany, in the mid-1800s"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Heer Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You set the prices, boss. I shall post the gnomes.
    When my Mum asks me if I'm getting the right advice with my inheritance , I will quote this!

The connection between Germany and Victorian Britain was pretty strong, actually, was it not?
    Without wanting to be as didactic as I really am, your Thuringian piece reflects the middle class gardening movement of the era, a phenomenon not without its impact on English mores and customs and vice versa.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    When my Mum asks me if I'm getting the right advice, I will quote this!
    Please be my guest. I think I paraphrased a well known yellow journalist, actually.Help on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer SchirmmutzeHelp on Heer Schirmmutze

?

270 euro for the Artillery cap, 50 euros for the gnomes! that's my last offer....

I sold this cap, actually, and am sorry that I did.....Help on Heer Schirmmutze

I cannot even remember what I got for it....

The market at work, following its own inner magic, I say. Milton Friedman's bosom would swell with pride, that's for certain.
    I do not own any gnomes in my garden, as they are not the custom in these latitudes and also could not easily survive the transport from Thueringen. I usually bring schnapps from the Black Forest. You know how Homeland Security is nowadays. With the gnome, the full body scan might end very badly and such ceramics might conceal Czech plastic explosive or something.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    270 euro for the Artillery cap, 50 euros for the gnomes! that's my last offer....
    see post # 37

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I say. Milton Friedman's bosom would swell with pride, .
    I hadn't realised that the actor in Shawshank Redemption was interested in this hobby!?

I'm putting a halt on this soon, oh yes, such is my right as Herr. Moderator. Any last words?

?

No? ok, the cap in question is original but has some issues in regards to condition etc. In regards to price, that's for the buyer to judge and no amount of gnomes or ladies in red boots will change the issue.

See you all in the cloth headgear forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast