Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • fake

9 100.00%
  • real

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

HELP SS Schirmmutze

Article about: hello, very nice site !!! i bought a Schirmmutze for 2 years ago, and i like an confirmation if it is orginal. and if so can you give me information about the schirmmutze the name of the mak

?

Default HELP SS Schirmmutze

HELP SS Schirmmutzehello,
    very nice site !!!
    i bought a Schirmmutze for 2 years ago, and i like an confirmation if it is orginal.
    and if so can you give me information about the schirmmutze the name of the maker: Hans Korner. Dusseldorf
    i here have some nice pictures with nice details i like to know what you think.

Hope you can help me.
    tanx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP SS Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: HELP SS Schirmmutze

Welcome to the forum Adri.

I've moved your thread to the headgear section where it will likely get the answers you seek.

Can you upload the photos to the forum please instead of using imageshack. Thank you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

HELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHere are authentic caps.

HELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeHELP SS SchirmmutzeAuthentic runic embellishments in caps.

- - Updated - -

This is likely the 557th time I have done this.....maybe more. In any case, the item at the foundation of this thread is quite fake and is not really a subject for a vote.
    The fact, sadly, is quite plain.
    Our site includes many images of authentic SS caps in their number as well as much analysis of a sound kind as concerns these items.
    Others here than myself have also analyzed what makes a fake cap, and their work is also easily at hand.

Agreed. There is no need for a poll.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Sadly, I must agree with my colleagues that this is a poor fake. Genuine branch piped SS caps are EXTREMELY rare. If you use our search engine, you will find many genuine examples to study. Welcome to the Forum. As a side note, if you ever aquire a genuine cap, please do not take the insignia off! This stuff is now nearing seventy years in age and it is easy to fracture an attaching pin for the insignia. Whoever gave you advice to do so is not a collector of experience or knowledge.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

All has been said.........
    Regards,

Steve.

FB and Bob have it deadbang. Their opinions are rock solid. I too agree this is a fake.

Not only are cap insignia vulnerable to being damaged by removing them, but even More fragile, is the cap cloth material itself. Once torn.....not good. (And, yes-the cap in question is an absurdly poor fake)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

No