Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help on the SS Visor

Article about: by PV337 Thank you all for the precious lesson and professional opinions... Thank you for the courtesy of a "thank you." Too often, people come here, get an expertise from the memb

Quote by PV337 View Post
    Thank you all for the precious lesson and professional opinions...
    Thank you for the courtesy of a "thank you." Too often, people come here, get an expertise from the membership and moderators and are never heard from again. If you find another cap you wish to have an opinion on, please post it here. If you review are library of posts on the subject, I know you will return wiser.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on the SS Visor
    P
    Many

?

Default SS Visor manufacture

Are both "Stirndruckfrei Deutsches Reichspatent" & "Gruppe West" fantasy manufactures from 4th Reich?
    The Allgemeine NCO visor belongs to Stirndruckfrei & Allgemeine officer visor belongs to Gruppe West company. I already know both two hats are repro, but just curious if the manufacturer of these two fake visors use genuine companys' name.....

Thank you so much Friedrich-Berthold and Bob Colemans' help....
    It's definitely a great place for me to learn more........

Help on the SS VisorHelp on the SS VisorHelp on the SS Visor

Quote by PV337 View Post
    Are both "Stirndruckfrei Deutsches Reichspatent" & "Gruppe West" fantasy manufactures from 4th Reich?
    The Allgemeine NCO visor belongs to Stirndruckfrei & Allgemeine officer visor belongs to Gruppe West company. I already know both two hats are repro, but just curious if the manufacturer of these two fake visors use genuine companys' name.....

Hi PV337-
    To clarify your post, the caps you showed are not "Allgemeine SS." The Allgemeine SS was the political branch of the SS. They are simply black SS caps. For some reason, collectors continue to call the black caps by that name which is incorrect. The black uniform was the dress uniform of all branches of the SS, not exclusive to just the Algemeine SS. I would guess that about 50% of the period images of the black uniform in wear are of members of the SS-VT and the SS-TVB.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The two enclosures are not authentic. Sorry.
    We have many real examples here. Many.

- - ------- - -

Look here.....

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

and here, too.....,

ww.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/what-defines-early-ss-cap-375931/

- - ------- - -

Generally, do look in the SS area and you will find quite a bit of material.

Help on the SS VisorHelp on the SS Visor
    Quote by PV337 View Post

As concerns the above, the "Stirndrueckfrei, Dt. Reichspatent" is often found in things of the Fa. Kupper, Wuppertal, and the "Gruppe West" mark is from the SS headquarters in western Germany in the epoch prior to about mid to late 1934, at which time this unit contracted perhaps with Kupper for said caps. All of these markings are found in the picture books and have been copied by the fakers.

I own an original SS Gruppe West marked cap, which I think is also from Kupper. There are others in the wider world whose images we have included here.

Help on the SS VisorHelp on the SS VisorThe Latvian caps are reverse engineered from the images in the Hayes Schiffer book.

I included a second example here from a modified officer's cap.

?

Thank you all so much for the precious lesson.

Quote by PV337 View Post
    Thank you all so much for the precious lesson.
    Thanks. I am glad there is some merit in our long and expensive struggle with all of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2