Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hermann Meyer Cap Original?

Article about: I was excited to find this hat in a garage this morning, although being a very scarce hat, its hard for me to believe right off the bat that its authentic. The cap definitely has wear, and t

Default Hermann Meyer Cap Original?

I was excited to find this hat in a garage this morning, although being a very scarce hat, its hard for me to believe right off the bat that its authentic. The cap definitely has wear, and traces of insignia, however I am unsure of its authenticity. If anyone can help with this hat it would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Meyer Cap Original?   Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  

Hermann Meyer Cap Original?   Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Meyer Cap Original?
    P
    Many

just bumping the thread up

?

I know little of this style of hat.. But it is IMO reminiscent of "Herringbone" used by the "RAD" in their "Drillich" uniforms.. The button also semi resembles a "Paper" / "Cardboard" piece.... The cut of the hat does not match as to the horizontal pieces attached based on the pics.. These are only my first impressions and I am perhaps mistaken all together..
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  Hermann Meyer Cap Original? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

May have been the light, but the cloth color is the same all around. as for the button, I have no ideal. like I stated above, I found this hat on the floor in a local garage. however if it did turn out to be real, it would be the find of the century. there is still thread from where the insignia once was, but I guess its lost to time.

Any interior markings at all.... ??? IE maker, size, or RB numbers ???

This one isn't throwing off good vibes though.....

This is one that I have for you to compare with......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Meyer Cap Original?   Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  

Hermann Meyer Cap Original?  

No makers mark. Only the hand written size pictured. Looks to have age, although that doesn't really mean anything.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    No makers mark. Only the hand written size pictured. Looks to have age, although that doesn't really mean anything.
    Sadly mate, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it being a period made original.....

CBH
    ?

As you stated it was found in a garage , could be an early gas station hat ? Historically service station employees wore hats and uniforms , that could be an avenue to search for a similar stye hat . These are also collectable so there should be information online regarding them . Good luck .

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    As you stated it was found in a garage , could be an early gas station hat ? Historically service station employees wore hats and uniforms , that could be an avenue to search for a similar stye hat . These are also collectable so there should be information online regarding them . Good luck .
    CBH, you are right with the uniformation of gas station people. I don't, however, think this is such a hat for a number of reasons: The size marking (57 in cm, not in inches) the buttons for the neck flap (I don't remember ever having seen that on gas station hats), and the make, which is either made to deceive the collector or, and this would be one of the rare, very lucky coincidents that do happen once in a collector's lifetime, really is orignal WWII. Looks brand new, unworn and must have had the square insingn on the centerband judging from the seamholes one can discern. What took me off as it did the others is the lack of number/maker etc. stamps. Interesting piece - wonder if someone ever finds out wheter it is real or not.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 10-17-2016 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast