Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Hat

Article about: Hey guys, I found this at a local gun and hobby show this past weekend. I bought it for \\$50 because the price wasn't overly expensive for sight on scene. I was concerned that there was no st

Default Hitler Youth Hat

Hey guys, I found this at a local gun and hobby show this past weekend. I bought it for $50 because the price wasn't overly expensive for sight on scene. I was concerned that there was no stamp or tagging on the inside of the hat as far as maker or size. Pin was on the hat, unsure if its original as well so I tried taking pics of it. the 3rd thing was the silver square buckle vs a button front, all in all It looks neat, but I was unsure, either way would be happy with any info on it being original or not, thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Hat   Hitler Youth Hat  

Hitler Youth Hat   Hitler Youth Hat  

Hitler Youth Hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Hat
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Hat

I don't believe the pin is made for the hat. It is a membership pin which was worn on the shirt. As for the hat I can not speak much on other than the same style hat was continued to be made post TR period. Other will know more.

Thats what I was wondering too, I hadn't seen a pin style like that before, everything i checked out was a sewn patch on hats, is the pin replica or original do you think?

Hat appears to be a civilian "ski" type cap with an HJ membership badge attached. Metal H.J. cap badges have tabs or prongs on the reverse similar to knife insignia. Material is not correct wool either. Civilian ski caps are all over EbayDE sold as H.J. caps. Period photos do show some examples of non RZM caps in wear, but difficult to tell if this one was used in that manner. RZM H.J. caps are normally marked on the silver horseshoe shaped buckle. Without iron clad provenance it's just a civilian ski cap. I hope you did not pay too much for this cap.

?

Too bad about the hat, but the pin is worth around $50, so you did ok I'd say! Not great, but you didn't get totally robbed.

Original pin someone stuck on the hat at some point. Idk when. It's a HJ membership pin.

You did fine. The membership pin is worth that alone.

This is was Frank speaks of I believe. It is out of my collection, however, like yours, mine could also be maufactured post war.

Hitler Youth HatHitler Youth HatHitler Youth HatHitler Youth HatHitler Youth Hat

Thanks for the great info guys, I knew I should be cautious but at the same time I wanted to gamble seeing it wasn't alot of money, easy enough to do though, the pin comes off and goes in the collection the hat doesn't haha, thanks again

Genuine unmessed-with HJ Ski caps are very rare. The simple reason is that they continued to be worn after the war, sans insignia.
    As stated above, the unquestionable ones are the ones with an RZM tag and the RZM marking on the buckle. Shea once had a nice "AHS"-marked one for sell once on his site (that I still regret not buying to this day).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast