Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I am a new member, and need some help

Article about: I just run into a large military collection, which I am in charge of now. Most of it looks genuine, but I still wonder about some of the items.. Let me know what you think... REAL OR FAKE???

ok.. I will remove the rest !!! and put it in the correct forum.. Like I said, I am new here, first timer...

As for the oversea cap, well that one as been in the same basement for the last 32 years....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I am a new member, and need some help
    P
    Many

Quote by Hgagnon View Post
    Meaning????
    The tag is fake?
    The wedge is fake?
    The cap is Fake?
    The dagger is Fake???????

What do you mean?
    Meaning the entire "wedge"--as you call--is crap.
    And why the hostility? There's absolutely no reason to be so demanding and rude, I'm only trying to help. Note I have given you a positive response on the first item shown. Also, a thank you and please are just as easy to type as the other hundred or so words you've managed to do so far.

Quote by Hgagnon View Post
    ok.. I will remove the rest !!! and put it in the correct forum.. Like I said, I am new here, first timer...

As for the oversea cap, well that one as been in the same basement for the last 32 years....
    That's all good and nice, but it doesn't change what it is...a postwar fabrication that isn't even close to an original. Do you really think such insignia would be accepted by the "elite" of the Third Reich. In fact, I think someone has already nicknamed the scull as a Homer Simpson fake.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 02-10-2016 at 07:20 AM.

These are what originals look like.
    I am a new member, and need some helpI am a new member, and need some helpI am a new member, and need some helpI am a new member, and need some help
    ****THESE ARE NOT ITEMS FROM MY COLLECTION****
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 02-10-2016 at 08:29 AM.

The hat is a well made fake. The tag is a total fantasy design. The images for the schiffen do not get me much hope it is also a poor reproduction. As to the dagger, please post that in the edged weapons forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

If you thought I was rude or hostile, please do not. I am totally amazed with this website... Like I said, I did not want to be rude by asking what is real or fake. And I will of not be surprised if it would of been all fake...

And I do thank you for your comments earlier...

I inherited a whole collection, and I am a novice at it. So much to read and not so much time.

Why I ask what was fake (Dagger, cap, over-sea cap, tag...) is because they came from the same French Canadian veteran (R22R) that took it from the same soldier of the 3rd Reich back then (1944)... So I was told years ago... (I am french Canadian as well, sorry about any mistake or speelling errors)

So, I do apologies if you thought I was rude... I did not mean to be..

I got so much stuff I got to ask about, maybe 1/2 is fake, and I do not know. I already find a few (specially daggers).. But it is a wide collection I received, Canadian,, American, German, Japanese and British ... I did start to look up things for the last 3 weeks, but some are out of my league...

Thanks again for the help.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I suggest before you post much more, you take some time and look around our forum. There are many different areas and we try to cover them all. You should soon be able to see where items belong and then you can post them in the correct areas.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

No problems here and thank you for clearing that up. Back to the items; I'm truly sorry to say it appears my first instincts were wrong. Bob Coleman knows much-much more than I do and I had yet to see post #4. The visor appears to be bad as well, made with some original parts.
    On the positive side you didn't buy these things so luckily all you're out is the potential commission for selling them. I also believe like the overseas cap, the visor has been posted for opinions before in the recent past...maybe I can locate the threads. Again, sorry for the bad news.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Just to add the insignia on the visor cap is bad too.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Unfortunately, both pieces of head gear are not genuine. The dagger has major issues and has been tinkered with-such as the grip eagle, etc. The fit to the top guard is far below the usual standards that Boker produced. I am not liking it or the rest of the lot, sad to say.

You are brand new to the hobby and yet you have 44 daggers?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast