Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

ID’ing visor

Article about: A friend sent me these pictures of a visor , I do not know enough about them to tell him what he has. Any help would be great. Marty

I would say it’s fake, but don’t go just by me. Someone else needs to agree. If it is fake, I would also post the helmet on here to have it authenticated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ID’ing visor
    P
    Many

I will be looking at the helmet in Birmingham this Saturday at the gun show.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I heard the gun show was there this weekend. I’m going to be in BHM the same time but won’t be able to go. Sad times. Good to see another Alabamian.

MAP
    ?

Although I will not contradict Stonemint on the originality of the "visor". I think we need to take a step back. IMHO David is correct. These photos are from two different visors.

I would recommend you ask your friend for more photos.

David pointed out the Chincord issue but if you look closely, the fabric and waffenfarb appear to be different as well...A finer (doeskin?) fabric on the bottom photos vs the rougher tricot on the top two photos........and the waffenfarb is Green on bottom photos vs Red on the top photos.

Maybe it is just my eyes...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by DDRCollector View Post
    I would say it’s fake, but don’t go just by me. Someone else needs to agree. If it is fake, I would also post the helmet on here to have it authenticated.
    I would like to know why you think it is a fake? We have a standard to uphold on WRF which keeps us one of the best forums out there.

That is .....we back our opinions with our own observations. Whether we are right or wrong is not the issue and we do not penalize members for trying and being wrong (that is how we learn) but we do ask they back up their views.

EDIT: I will say that I did miss your post #4 and #6 where you attempted to provide some context. And with 100% respect to you, your observations in both of these posts are incorrect, or better said, misguided.

"The emblems weren’t stitched on the one I saw." and "I did a little more research into the stitched visor caps and the stitching pattern on yours doesn’t match the authenticated one in the attached picture"

There are dozens upon dozens of variation in visors. Fabrics, construction, insignia, etc. etc as well as a hundred + manufacturers....Plucking a single visor (that is not even the same maker) is like comparing apples to oranges.

Just trying to help you out.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would not "just go by you." Could you explain your observations to us ? What are the signs or "red flags" the visor is fake in your opinion ? There are only four pics of it. You can determine authenticity or not ?
    David

I did a little more research into the stitched visor caps and the stitching pattern on yours doesn’t match the authenticated one in the attached picture.

Attachment 1219332
    "Huh" ?

I believe it is fake because I you saw compared the stitching patterns of the real one, Marty’s differs. I believe it’s fake because of the stitching pattern. I’ve seen many like the picture I attached earlier, but his doesn’t match up. Look at the oak leaves in both. If I’m wrong, please show me otherwise. I want to learn from my mistake, so I don’t do it again.

MAP
    ?

I believe it is fake because I you saw compared the stitching patterns of the real one, Marty’s differs. I believe it’s fake because of the stitching pattern. I’ve seen many like the picture I attached earlier, but his doesn’t match up. Look at the oak leaves in both.
    DDR,

Sorry...not beating you up. Please see my edit in post #15.

Don’t worry! You weren’t beating me up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast