Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?

Article about: I have been given this cap. I am not a luftwaffe collector and cant identify it. It is of the M43 type but in blue grey cotton. The cap is quiet worn but the badge on the front is not, I str

Default Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?

I have been given this cap. I am not a luftwaffe collector and cant identify it. It is of the M43 type but in blue grey cotton. The cap is quiet worn but the badge on the front is not, I strongly suspect the badge is fake. There is a faint RB number stamped on the inside in black ink, and a size marking. Is the cap fake? What sort of cap is this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?   Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?  

Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?   Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?  

Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?   Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?  

Last edited by douglas2496; 03-09-2013 at 11:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?

Quite the oddball, I don't think the trapezoid is an original one, could we see a close up?

Ade, could you do the honours and move the thread over please?

trapezoid photo added, however I dont think this is a genuine patch either. Has anyone seen another cap like this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of luftwaffe cap, real or fake?  

i have never seen a cap made out of this material,,missing the cap folds and i believe both items are of post ww II production

May be fake but I like it! It just has that strange home made vibe. The material is very unusual. NH