Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Identifying fakes before puechase!

Article about: Ive only bought one other schirmmütze just a few weeks ago for my 22nd birthday (will post pics later) but Im already affected by the bug. And i want to get another, but before buying i thou

I'd say the best virtue to have in this hobby is patience.
    Bide your time, save your money. Read books on the subject, look at photos of fakes and genuine examples. Do it until you're seeing visor caps whenever you close your eyes.
    Have only been in the hobby for a few years, but it wasn't that long ago when I was buying the cheapest examples that I could find, simply for wanting it 'right now.' Now I won't spend a single penny until I'm absolutely sure that I know what I'm getting is good.
    The longer you wait, and the more you learn, the more likely you are to land a piece that's not only authentic, but likely to keep you happy for far longer than a repro. If you skimp now and buy a reproduction, it won't give you anywhere near the level of satisfaction that a genuine, historical piece would. Eventually, you may seek to replace it with a genuine one, and then that is effectively money wasted that could have been saved.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying fakes before puechase!
    P
    Many

I guess Sturmfuhrerfranco is an emphemeron and his
    intention to collect is no more then a sudden impulse,
    and so are many of the newbies I see coming here at
    WRF and quickly leave again!

Identifying fakes before puechase!

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    A lot of good advice has been freely givien here with no small time and effort spent in doing so

Sadly I get the impression that the student is not paying attention to the master(s)

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink

Regards

Mark
    Youre right. Im just trying to get the feel of what it is that I'm falling too see but obviously it's no use and youre quite right along with Mr. stone mint. I certainly could use the knowledge and the fact that the smallest detail can make a world of difference. Its almost as though they are species of actual living things with the colorful diversity. (I study entomology and herpotology, while also active in exotic keeping of insects and reptiles and the trade) and its necessary to study different species before knowing what's good to get and what is a rare find, compared to just going out and looking in petstores. And im seeing an odd similarity, in the two hobbys

Quote by stonemint View Post
    You really should become a Gold Club member--that will assist you in comparing the real vs fakes.
    That's still a no then

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Sturmfuhrerfranco is strongly advised to visit first all kinds of threads at this forum
    and he also should buy himself first some good books about the subject. He also
    better can believe people like stonemint, Erwese and FB and the many others that
    gave some advise here. Study, study and learn! There is a long way to go.......

All shown stuff is worthless and does not come near to TR manufacturing.
    Do forgive me that I failed to mention Wim's books, which are the foundation of any serious collector and collection.
    His books are so essential and I am remiss in my neglect in my post, but I was focused on Wolfgang's comment
    about the fake black cap. My mind is feeble.
    I think the proposition of "study, study, and learn..." has become very problematic for a certain set of mind
    for whom a project of years or even decades is completely beyond normal comprehension.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5