Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Imperial student's cap

Article about: Hi guys! I've been posting like a fiend tonight... I thought this was an interesting oddball. I'm sure these are common, but it's the first one I've seen. It reminds me of 'All Quiet on the

Default Re: Imperial student's cap

For anyone not familiar with Erich Remarque, here is his Wikipedia entry. He actually lived a pretty interesting life.

Erich Maria Remarque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial student's cap
    P
    Many

Such references to war and culture in this thread are sure to unnerve many of our readers, for whom "sculls" and "pipes" are the largest words they can easily spell even on a good day.

I had just such a cap made for me forty years ago, when I spent a summer in Vienna at work as a student. I have no idea what happened to the cap, I think I traded it away.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-25-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    For anyone not familiar with Erich Remarque, here is his Wikipedia entry. He actually lived a pretty interesting life.

Erich Maria Remarque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well done.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Such references to war and culture in this thread are sure to unnerve many of our readers, for whom "sculls" and "pipes" are the largest words they can easily spell even on a good day.

I had just such a cap made for me forty years ago, when I spent a summer in Vienna at work as a student. I have no idea what happened to the cap, I think I trader it away.
    Over the past couple of years I have grown more and more interested in German culture. Although my heritage isn't even Germanic in the slightest. To get the full spectrum of what Germany was from the unification up until 1945, one has to study a lot more than cap badges. That's what interests me, anyway.

I just took another look at the price on this cap. For $60 I think I'll take it.

Over the past couple of years I have grown more and more interested in German culture. Although my heritage isn't even Germanic in the slightest. To get the full spectrum of what Germany was from the unification up until 1945, one has to study a lot more than cap badges. That's what interests me, anyway.

I just took another look at the price on this cap. For $60 I think I'll take it.
    Good for you, young man, German culture, civilization, literature, music, wine, women and also song, to say nothing of diesel injection pumps constitute the joys in my life, along with foetid woolens. The more you learn of it all, the greater you will be and the more pleasure you will derive even from foetid woolens.Imperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's cap

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Good for you, young man, German culture, civilization, literature, music, wine, women and also song, to say nothing of diesel injection pumps constitute the joys in my life, along with foetid woolens. The more you learn of it all, the greater you will be and the more pleasure you will derive even from foetid woolens.Imperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's cap
    Thanks, FB. You are an inspiration my friend. Happy hats!

Imperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's cap
    Thanks, FB. You are an inspiration my friend. Happy hats!
    Happy hats, in turn.Imperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's capImperial student's cap
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

So, I am little confused on the farbe. The red is an indicator of some sort of student club membership? If so then that's fascinating. Even schoolkids were organized by their caps and farben.

........is it?
    Hey Mo,
    Every student club at theyre colors, composed out of 2 to 3 ,or even more colors! They had a coat of arms, a club song and a beer tanker. They also had a ribbon with the colors to put in diagonal over the left shoulder, the ribbon of authority figures was larger and beard theyre authority (and the year that they were in titel to be thise or that authority, some had a quiet long list!) and the coat of arms .
    Also pin's and badges where added, for different speciality's. Sometimes "trophy's" were also added to the cap....
    Here is a link to a friend (also a notorious militaria collector)of mine's student museum, sorry it is in Flemish, don't know how to put it in English.
    Welkomstpagina
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

You should try to be part of a student exange program, and choose for a university with thise strong student culture.
    It is something you should experience, for at least a year or more!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    You should try to be part of a student exange program, and choose for a university with thise strong student culture.
    It is something you should experience, for at least a year or more!!
    cheers
    |<ris

I agree. I did it in my day, but without being in a Burschenschaft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast