Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Imperial student's cap

Article about: Hi guys! I've been posting like a fiend tonight... I thought this was an interesting oddball. I'm sure these are common, but it's the first one I've seen. It reminds me of 'All Quiet on the

?

Default Re: Imperial student's cap

I have a great fondness for the Studentenmützen of the period. They can be bought for very little money yet can tell you so much about the hat making craft.
    In fact, the quality of some that I've bought far exceed anything produced for the military in terms of materials and fabrication.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial student's cap   Imperial student's cap  

Imperial student's cap   Imperial student's cap  

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial student's cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial student's cap
    P
    Many

Thanks guys, I have always wanted to be part of an exchange program. I even took 4 years of German in preparation for it. As a result of the Cold War I have family scattered all over the globe, including some family in Berlin and Frankfurt-am-Main. I spent the Summer of 2009 in Berlin working with my uncle. College has given me the chance to go see and study the Inca ruins of Peru, and my time in the Middle East was just the beginning of that. It's good to travel and study. If only I could get something like a hat apprenticeship in Berlin, then that would certainly be a good time.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I have a great fondness for the Studentenmützen of the period. They can be bought for very little money yet can tell you so much about the hat making craft.
    In fact, the quality of some that I've bought far exceed anything produced for the military in terms of materials and fabrication.
    Great photos and caps you have there, Ben. I have to admit that this thread has gotten me a lot more interested in the transitional period between being a student and a soldier. I wasn't aware that caps followed you everywhere! Even when you become a veteran, you get a cap...

Just wanted to ad thise figure; a German student wearing his student cap.
    Although it is not quiet the same one showed in the first picture of thise thread.
    It is a restoration object, because the poor lad is missing left hand, that probaly held a beer pot.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3