Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just sold on Ebay

Article about: This "Luftwaffe schirmmütze" just sold out of the UK for the princely/pricey sum of US\\$785 ( that's over \\$1000 Aussie ) Even a rube like me who knows nought about caps can see that

Default Just sold on Ebay

This "Luftwaffe schirmmütze" just sold out of the UK for the princely/pricey sum of US$785 ( that's over $1000 Aussie )

Even a rube like me who knows nought about caps can see that all is not what it appears.... and while I apologise illustrating examples from Ebay sales, I do so to show what is happening more and more out there.

Can the cap gurus tell what was this thing cobbled together from - and what are they hiding by taking the sweat diamond out?
    Was it originally East German? ( the peak seems high )

Thanks, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just sold on Ebay   Just sold on Ebay  

Just sold on Ebay   Just sold on Ebay  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just sold on Ebay
    P
    Many

Im not a cap guru, but I dont like it also. Beware of ebay, folks. Months ago I saw a SS KZ Ausweis, was sold for 450 Euro. A cheap copy....

Ok so what am I missing here? 40 members have had a read and only one reply so far.

Does that mean it is alright after all and I'm a dunce who doesn't know his stuff or is it a difficult one to determine or is it so bad I should be booted up the arse for even showing it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Its BAD!!! Im not sure what they have put together to make it, Stonemint would know for sure..perhaps peruse his garbage visors thread, its brilliant

I don't know what type of insignia it had above the cockade, but i'll bet it wasn't a Luftwaffe eagle!....

?

It was bought on line so whoever got it has a computer. They're to lazy to learn about what they are buying. You can buy a real one with an eagle for a little more.

?

It's not an authentic cap, and, in today's market, you can find a real Luftwaffe officer's cap for close to the price paid for this thing.
    Perhaps not a "minty" example , but a nice cap. Probably not from a dealer, though.

BobS

?

It appears to be a piece of cow flop with old insignia put on it.

what sort of idiot bought that crap.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    what sort of idiot bought that crap.
    There's only three letters in 'cap' Harry......

Just sold on Ebay
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast