Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?

Article about: Regarding the cap that started the thread, looks like a better than average quality early Bundesmarine cap with nice leather chinstrap and edge binding rather than the plastic used in later

Default KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?

Hello gentlemen; I have this German Navy cap, devoid of any badge but the Navy buttons. I don't think I'm so lucky, anyway, could it be a WWII specimen? The maker is "Carl Behrt, Kiel".
    Thanks in advance!

KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?
    P
    Many

Default re: KM officer Schirmmütze: WWII original?

Hi,i'm pretty sure it's post war as it has a grey/blue sweetband.Although that colour band was seen towards the end of the war it is most common on post war caps.Also it looks as though there may have been a roundal attached to the top of the cap as the west germans used to use.

Seems post war.

Thanks; I submitted here this cap because browsing old threads I found this one:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...cer-hat-22395/

It seems the twin of mine, and it was considered OK, except for the eagle.

It is a postwar BRD Bundesmarine Officer visor--no original parts.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Just a hope ;-) thanks to you all.

No

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

IT's certainly quality but i do not like the cockade one bit,looks far too flat in it's construction to me.The cap itself though looks like it is either a real top end repro or an unissued original?I would say no on instinct but i may well be wrong.

?

The EBay cap has way too many questionmarks over it. It certainly isn't 100% original as stated. The chinstrap buttons are not even Kriegsmarine, the top looks like it has come from a Matrosenmütze. Visor looks to have been replaced ( and peaks of this rank , embroidered in cello like these and with a rexine (leathercloth) edging were available from an English repro dealer in the 1980s.

Hard to say for sure from the images whether the sweat diamond is soft plastic or hard celluloid though the cheesecloth outer layer is the correct type. Be interesting to know whether the band stiffener is treated card as on Bundesmarine and postwar fakes ( and admittedly a few wartime private purchase types) or the more typical wartime celluloid or treated woven buckram.

Either way at best its a conglomeration of parts some of which might be useful as spares (I think the wreath/cockade is actually OK, at least this exact type was certainly made during wartime).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast