Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?

Article about: Hello guys, I need help on another visor cap I found. I hope this is 100% authentic please help me to determine it's authenticity Thanks!!!

Exclamation Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?

Hello guys,

I need help on another visor cap I found.Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic? I hope this is 100% authentic please help me to determine it's authenticity

Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?
    P
    Many

Default re: Kreigsmarine U-Boat Officers white top Schirmmütze: Authentic?

Welcome to the forum!

This is a bad fake/repro, sorry mate.

The wreath is obviously new and does not appear to have been aged, but the interiour seems to have been aged, same with the diamond. A mix of artifically aged and brand new parts.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Anyway, WW2Fanatic, I hope you find a good one eventually, but try and learn about the authentic ones. I will see if I can find a link for you.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The fact that the cap is attributed to Korvettenkapitan Hans Witt, one of the top U-Boat aces alongside Schnee, Topp and Cremer and also a KC holder is typical of fakers 'over egging the pudding' as we say in blighty.

A little research often helps one decide the probabilities.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.