Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

kreis visor

Article about: I'm interested in this one. Is it (apart from it's poor condition) an issue-free visor? Also, who made this cap? thanks

Quote by Larry C View Post
    There is some great information on this thread..some of which needs careful unwrapping but all the content, plus some is all there.

Regards Larry
    Thanks, Larry. Truth be told, all of it needs a lot of unwrapping, and it is complicated and subtle in its detail. Thanks for your fine guidance and leadership in ups and downs of the unwrapping in all its glory.kreis visorkreis visorkreis visorkreis visorkreis visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kreis visor
    P
    Many

Here is Wim's book on this kind of regalia. It is a gold mine. And it unwraps things a darn sight better than any website.
    In fact, the key to this drill is to use the books with the website. In this case, you can ask the author himself to expand
    on what is in the book. Pretty remarkable for my assessment of the thing.kreis visor

- - ------- - -

The book comes from California, but it is widely had in Europe and in the digital parade.

Ofcourse basic knowledge is required before you start purchasing. but beyond that, for me it works like this: first I buy a visor , then I start digging deeper. I know this sounds stupid but it isn't. I started with a genuine fire police cap.

There the passion started, especially for civil caps. A lot of them share common caracteristic so whilst collecting them, I started learning too. I feel like reading threads for hours, threads concerning visors I never touched in real life is, a bit a waist of time. With 'a waste of time' I mean It is not as effective as getting to see them for real. After 'the real life experience' , your brain gets some kind of foundation to build on. It triggers the interest and makes sure the things I read about it will be saved.

I'm collecting german caps for a little while now and am pretty confortable with basic heer and luftwaffe and a lot of the civil caps. I learn new things about those too, every day again but the basic required knowledge is present. I saw this kreisleiter cap for sale and feel like I want to go a step further with my collection. If I can get this one cheap, I'll probably start reading about it for the next months. I just don't yet need to get myself into it ( for now).

You are absolutely corect saying good books are an absolute must if you take this hobby serious. This free part of the forum provides the necesarry to not get burned immediatly. Even for that it deserves a contribution, which I will donate sooner or later this year. But i'm aware of the fact that deeper insights can only be achiefd through further study, and there one should grab some of wim's books.
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-29-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Some would call it stupid..I call it a very big gamble as these types of Gauleiter caps can get very expensive by the rank color piping on the crown and on the felt band.

True study is the ultimate prize in ones collection..the artifacts are the rewards of hard work and are the icing on the cake.

Onward and Forward..Happy Hunting

Regards Larry

BTW..I unblocked your block of text as my eyes gets lost half way through the maze of letters ran together ..it also helps the other readers to focus on the content of the reply.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

"....This free part of the forum provides the necesarry to not get burned immediatly. Even for that it deserves a contribution, which I will donate sooner or later this year. But i'm aware of the fact that deeper insights can only be achiefd through further study, and there one should grab some of wim's books...."

Thanks. I do hope that you will contribute the small entrance fee as soon as possible, and you are welcome to the deeper insights in Wim's books because of his
    long and hard work, which we honor. We are very lucky to have him. On line knowledge is very much a mixed bag, and it is hard to distinguish what is genuine
    from what are "alternative facts" which is another way to say: bullsh!t. Since some of us work very hard at facts in the 20th century sense versus the
    present day imitation, this site has made its way. I thank the moderators for their curator-ship and watchful guidance of our adventure.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Some would call it stupid..I call it a very big gamble as these types of Gauleiter caps can get very expensive by the rank color piping on the crown and on the felt band.

True study is the ultimate prize in ones collection..the artifacts are the rewards of hard work and are the icing on the cake.

Onward and Forward..Happy Hunting

Regards Larry

BTW..I unblocked your block of text as my eyes gets lost half way through the maze of letters ran together ..it also helps the other readers to focus on the content of the reply.
    Bravo and thanks. NSDAP caps can be a death trap.

Mr Wilhelm Saris References are a wealth of information for the cap collector and also adorned with the study of medals badges daggers and all surrounding acoutrements seen in his period photos. I dont collect caps but I have his whole reference series and has taught me much about caps..which I can not digest all of it..as it is exhaustive all of it in content.

Daggers are my forte` and what i have seen in Mr Saris references I have never seen before in the most commonly found period photographs. A wealth of Knowledge and information. I highly recommend his reference series. There is more in there than just hats..and not just in pictures. The forum is fortunate to have Gents like Mr Saris and Friedrich Berthold , dalquen, hpl2008 . JHAM, Dr CMH etc. Keeping it real is what they do best

Its an Honor in Study

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2