Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi everyone, I found this hat in a pile of items I purchased at a sale. I just assumed it was a fake or repo until I saw what looks like a third reich eagle printed on the underside of the l

Donzi
    ?

Default Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?

Hi everyone,
    I found this hat in a pile of items I purchased at a sale. I just assumed it was a fake or repo until I saw what looks like a third reich eagle printed on the underside of the leather band in the hat, making me curious about its authenticity. I would greatly appreciate anyone with knowledge of these type of hats to share your thoughts. I've attached photos for your review.

Here's what I know-I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on the hat parts names.

Maker Albert Kempf KG Wuppertal-Vohwinkel
    Leather inner band with a silver imprint repeat pattern on reverse side of leather with numbers, lines of some sort, and what looks like a third reich eagle. Blue lining darker in spots from sweat. A broken chin strap. A black, hard plastic piece underneath the leather band.

Thanks a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?   Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?  

Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?   Kriegsmarine Hat-Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS

I might be wrong these are also minefield as they are same style of WW2 ones that points to BM (Bund Marine) from what I can see. Post war West German one that has not been Nazified yet. Other than the KM band. timothy

Indeed, it's of quite recent manufacture, although
    the tally might be a good one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

bundesmarine

?

Nice early Bundesmarine cap. The cockade is the gold/red/black BRD type and the label is clearly a BM issue type. These are however, relatively scarce as they haven't been in use for some time, the German navy ( now known as the Deutsche Marine, not the Bundesmarine) has for a long time now only used white top caps. Would look great, and very collectable, with the fake KM ribbon removed and a correct BM ribbon for the period attached.