MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?

Article about: Hello Friends, I'd appreciate your input on this Schiffchen, please...Kriegsmarine? I'm cautiously optimistic, as I see what appears to be evidence of the eagle-removal, and the liner-materi

Default Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?

Hello Friends,
    I'd appreciate your input on this Schiffchen, please...Kriegsmarine? I'm cautiously optimistic, as I see what appears to be evidence of the eagle-removal, and the liner-material seems okay to me as well, but I've been wrong before, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?   Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Glenn, I could be wrong but I'm not liking this as a KM. Maybe it's to color. Field gray was issued originally and the dark blue in 1938.

But also the angle of the side skirts. I think they should be in a high arc, not this steps fashion. The KM is very similar to a Luft side cap as well.

Happy to have others prove me wrong.

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 04-13-2015 at 12:09 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your input, it's not fieldgrey...it's more a faded dark blue...How does the liner material and weave pattern look to you? Click on the photos for a closer look...Or is it Luftwaffe?
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Here is a pic (poor quality I just snapped) of my Heer, Luft and Kriegs. I also looked at my RAD, and a few others I have and they don't match up either.

Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?

- - ------- - -

Let me go look at the insides of mine. Will be back in a jiffy

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Too many variants for me to be sure...we're talking about many producers...Still on the fence with this one...Thanks for the photos, Michael!
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Here are the insides. The named one is my Luft. The KM is a bit washed out due to the flash. It is much darker.

Much of the info I got straight from Gary Wilkins book (I've read it 2 or 3 times). But not saying there aren't variants

Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?Kriegsmarine Schiffchen?

MAP
    ?

The exterior weave looks very similar to my Luft. But the liner weave is different (from what I can tell)

Thanks for the great photos...that's what I needed to see...the weave pattern of the lining, which appear to match...color variants are to be expected...as long as it isn't postwar Bundesmarine, and considering the source, I'm satisfied that it's period LW, not KM after all...thanks again!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-13-2015 at 03:22 PM.

MAP
    ?

I'm not saying it is this, but exterior style is very very close.

Original West German Bundeswehr Cold War Era Overseas Side Cap US 7 25 58cm | eBay

Oh no...not even close...I grew up in Germany playing with those as a kid...I know those too well to be fooled by them, lol...
    cheers, GLenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast