Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Schirmütze, original?

Article about: Hi. What do you think about this one? Original? The seller wants €400.

Default Kriegsmarine Schirmütze, original?

Hi. What do you think about this one? Original?

The seller wants €400.

Attachment 273505Attachment 273506Attachment 273507Attachment 273503Attachment 273504

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Schirmütze, original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Schirmütze, original?

Anyone?

My totally inexperienced guess would be that this isn't good, because to me the eagle looks way too basic, but perhaps they actually were made like this. I'm commenting because I'd like to know also if this is correct! I have seen such insignia before and wondered, even though I don't collect cloth examples.

Mat

All the Naval visors that i have handled had blue satin linings not that lining in your hat.If someone has seen a non-blue lining speak up.I am not the last word in Naval visors.

I personally like it, but the guys who collect exclusively KM do not. They claim that the type of visor underside on this one (the grooves) was only used postwar, so they think it is a re-badged Bundesmarine visor. Price is a bargain if it is original.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi Mat, I see no problems with the insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The insignia looks original and looks 70 years old, whilst the rest of the cap looks nearly mint, besides the problems previously mentioned about the underside of the visor and the lining. The chinstrap looks brand new.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mat, I see no problems with the insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ok then, it's just the appearance looked unusual to me, but I'm a metal insignia guy, so I really wouldn't have known. I do now though! Thanks.

Mat

?

If it can be shown that some early BM hats have the gold embroidery tight to the edge as seen here, I would have to conclude that this one is also BM.

I am not a Kreigsmarine expert but aren't they surposed to have blue satin linings for junior as well as senior naval officers? Checked Gary Wilkins book on this and he states what i just mentioned.Any other members have input on this naval visor.Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast