Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

kriegsmarine tellermütze

Article about: Hello I am interested in this kriegsmarine tellermütze! I amnot the best in German stuff! But I think the eagle looks a little weird but it can be a war repair

?

Default kriegsmarine tellermütze

Hello

I am interested in this kriegsmarine tellermütze! I amnot the best in German stuff! But I think the eagle looks a little weird but it can be a war repair
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kriegsmarine tellermütze   kriegsmarine tellermütze  

kriegsmarine tellermütze   kriegsmarine tellermütze  

kriegsmarine tellermütze   kriegsmarine tellermütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kriegsmarine tellermütze
    P
    Many

?

Is't someone who has any thought about this 😊

DRK
    ?

I do not like the position of the BAW ( " Bekleidungsamt Wilhelmshaven " ) stamp inside.....
    It looks like there once was a ( plastic ?? ) sweatshield at the exact same position where the stamp is right now.....
    I've never seen this stamp UNDER the celluloid sweatshield......

What kind of material is under the leather sweatband ?
    Most of the time a celluloid cap band stiffener was used in these caps.

I would like to hear some opinions from the other guys....

Theo

You should look for the celluloid band inside , under the leather sweatband , here :

kriegsmarine tellermütze

Agree with DRK

Ditto.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Theo is correct. BAW stamp looks bad and is positioned where it was clearly under a sweat diamond which has been removed. No way this is correct.

In addition, issue caps had the sweatband sewn directly to the cap and did not use a bead of cloth between the leather sweatband and cap as on the piece in question.
    A BAW or BAK stamp implies it is a regulation issue ( as opposed to private purchase) piece and this cap simply doesn't look like any regulation piece. I'd be very surprised if this one had the correct removable top and celluloid band stiffener of a genuine regulation piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kriegsmarine tellermütze  

Agree on this probably BM issue that has been TR Kreigsmarine added that would explain the missing plastic sweat diamond in some BM ones that is the problem with these especially the early BM issue as they resemble TR KM I have seen a bunch of them converted and have unfortunately owned some. timothy