Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Leder Schirmmütze for indentification

Article about: Hi guys, can anyone tell me what this Schirmmütze is? I know that some leather caps were used in Germany during and after the war, but I'm not sure what this one is, if it's real at all. The

?

Default Leder Schirmmütze for indentification

Leder Schirmmütze for indentificationLeder Schirmmütze for indentificationLeder Schirmmütze for indentification

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what this Schirmmütze is? I know that some leather caps were used in Germany during and after the war, but I'm not sure what this one is, if it's real at all. The seller describes it as an NSKK cap, which seems plausible, but the piping is for Panzer(or nebel?) and the spot where the insignia was seems to be a totenkopf, not any NSKK eagle I've seen. Is this just a put together/fake with a new velvet band and piping?
    Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leder Schirmmütze for indentification
    P
    Many

Default Re: Leder Schirmmütze for indentification

Bad x 10........The leather is old and weathered, the sweatband is rotting and falling out of it, but the velvet band looks like it was stitched on Yesterday...You pretty much answered your own question!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Yeah, I thought that I had it pegged, it looks like the band is uneven too! Did the NSKK use hats like this or did they stick to those sweet leather helmets? I wonder what it was previously, I feel like I've seen a train-related hat(speckeled visor cord) like this before?

leather peaked caps were used for drivers in the imperial army as well as Weimar period. I have no idea whether your cap is such, but leather caps were indeed worn.

That kind of cap's were also used in private; car drivers with uniforms of nobility class,forestry private personal, beer delivery personal, and so on!
    I remember of a German collector of leather military caps, on one of the fora I am on ...I'll try to contact him!
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi

Kris is right about the private car drivers hat/cap. I saw this one as well and it is a right hash up to make it look like a ww1 kraftfahr cap.

One went on e bay just before xmas that was a good one price from memory was about 400 euro.

cheers

tony