Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LTC (Ret) Atwood at the Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik strikes again...

Article about: by stonemint More proof that money can't buy brains--it went for: US \\$1.835,00 EUR 1.335,03 Insanity, Idiocy or Both....

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Already at $157. The crazy thing is that there are people out there who collect Altestes (knowing they are fakes)--but who am I to understand....
    Stonemint,I am an old timer as they say with 44 years in the hobby.I have to say you and F-B have presented some of the finest pieces on this forum.Of course your posts on the bad ones are a great help to.With all the garbage on the ejunk site plus the dealers who knowingly sell this trash the help you and F-B give is much better than some of these books with many errors and phonies galore.As for the $157 ejunk piece there is an old saying"A fool and his money are soon parted"Keep up the excellent work.CARL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LTC  (Ret) Atwood at the  Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik strikes again...
    P
    Many

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Stonemint,I am an old timer as they say with 44 years in the hobby.I have to say you and F-B have presented some of the finest pieces on this forum.Of course your posts on the bad ones are a great help to.With all the garbage on the ejunk site plus the dealers who knowingly sell this trash the help you and F-B give is much better than some of these books with many errors and phonies galore.As for the $157 ejunk piece there is an old saying"A fool and his money are soon parted"Keep up the excellent work.CARL
    Thanks. I am an old timer with fifty one years in service, i.e. I got my first EK1 as a relic in 1963. My goal is to show as much real material as possible and also to explain the story of such items in the most profound sense. And this story is more than its capture in 1945, at least to me.

We have a nice site here and we all try each day to make it thus.

I normally do not post this kind of ebay silliness, because I assume that most serious people avoid this kind of trap now.

Ebay had some things of merit at the start, but not in my experience recently.

The treasure lies in old, dormant collections, assembled in the U.S. or in Europe in the epoch when this stuff was plentiful and relatively cheap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-13-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Hi,
    Saw the ebay visor today, and it is OVER $900! Wow! Fools rush in!
    Peter

A "ultra" rare cap in California.... C.Mengele...it's always you ?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    A "ultra" rare cap in California.... C.Mengele...it's always you ?
    It's strictly coincidence. And "self-authenticating".

?

I wonder who the Mensa ( or co-conspirator ) is who bid 7 times on this abomination?

BobS

More proof that money can't buy brains--it went for:

US $1.835,00
    EUR 1.335,03
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Donnerwetter. I tried to sound the tocsin, but others are free to make fools of themselves.
    The boy on the burning deck thing or the bloody shirt thing do not really interest me.
    Our goal here is to include real material and let people learn, and to help them actively, so long as they are civil.
    There is a dearth of civility and also whether some have the needed intelligence to master the complexity is a central issue.
    Happy hats and the person who bought this stinker will likely manifest some remorse after awhile.

This one is actually more cunning, if it is fake.....

Vintage WWII German Officer Hat Cap | eBay

Mr Mint stuck this one in the dung heap, too, I think.

All too droll.

Early SS caps were not standardized, of course. The standardization began in the course of 1934, as we have suggested about five hundred times and documented with rich evidence.

The maroon mayhem site also has a non RZM marked cap poking around at the moment.

I could tell if I had the thing in my mitts, but I don't and I also don't find this kind of inquiry very edifying.

The person who aspires to buy this material with the hope of authenticity is enjoined to do their own work, with our aid.

There is little reason voluntarily to go down the hole.

?

Yet another case of shill bidding methinks. Seventeen bids so far from a recent member of Mensa.

BobS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast