Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe caps

Article about: Hi to all, I am currently trying to get a Luftwaffe cap for my grand father : he was a radio on a Ju-52 from 1940 to 1943, and from 1943 to 1945 a radar operator in Ju-88 and Me-110. He had

Default Luftwaffe caps

Hi to all,

I am currently trying to get a Luftwaffe cap for my grand father : he was a radio on a Ju-52 from 1940 to 1943, and from 1943 to 1945 a radar operator in Ju-88 and Me-110.
    He had to give up most of his stuff, all what remained is the dagger hanger, wehrpass, and Funker Ausweis. He always wished to keep his cap, so I am currently trying to get one which is also not too expensive. But I know there are also lots of fakes, and as I have no clue, I thought I might ask some of you who might be able to help me.
    So big question : real, or repro? I hope you don't mind if I post lots of pics, I have about 3 different possibilities. I also understand if it is difficult to judge from pictures, but as said, I would be very happy and thankful if anybody could help me
    First one
    Luftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe caps
    Next one (the cheapest and most suspicious)
    Luftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe caps
    Third one
    Luftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe capsLuftwaffe caps

Again, thanks for your support, and if any of you knows where to finde nice caps to "affordable" prices, I would be greateful (by affordable I mean between 400 and 550 €, I know I am probably dreaming^^)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe caps
    P
    Many

?

Your price range is actually good. And they all seem original to me.

If I was you, I would get the nicest conditioned one for your grandfather. The last one I think is the nicest one. A minty one is how he would have probably remembered them.

Cheers, Pat

Hello and welcome to the forum. What a wonderful thought to replace your Grandfathers equipment , he must be getting on a bit by now ,my grandfather is 88 and was a 17 year old at Sword beach on D-Day! Anyway back to the caps , I really like cap1 , seems fine to me and I also like cap3. I am unsure about cap2 , but it may be fine. The price range is fair so if it were me I would go for number 1!! Leon.

Thank you for your prompt reply Patrick
    Indeed, the last one is nice, but a little bit over my price range (600€), so I don't know frankly speaking.
    And being in Germany, I don't want to risk an order outside Europe. The Border control scans most of the packages.
    But again, very much appreciated piece of advice.

He is indeed quite old (91), and well, with time being I have the feeling he gets a little bit more Brown if you see what I mean.
    After the war, he befriended with a french B-26 Marauder pilot.

I am sorry, I might have been unclear : the price range I gave is my personnal wish.
    And only the second one is in this. First is 620€, third 600€.

The first and 3rd are one-looker originals. W-T-K made some high-quality visors--that one is a stunner.
    I need better pics of the 2nd one.

These are also all private-purchase visors, and are higher-quality than "Issue" (contract) visors (and hence, usually more expensive).
    You should be able to find a nice contract visor in the $600 range.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

This thread is a comparison of contract and private-purchase visors:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...26/#post435088
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

No. 3 has a really great shape and beautiful overall
    condition. This would be my choice.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This thread is a comparison of contract and private-purchase visors:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...26/#post435088
    Thank you, this is quite interesting.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is private purchase and contract?Does contract mean it was a Professional dealer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast