Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required please

Article about: Hi Guys, Can you please take a look at my Luftwaffe double Erel cap and see what you think. I was told the cloth eagle has been reattached and located a bit high. What do you think?

Default Luftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required please

Hi Guys,
    Can you please take a look at my Luftwaffe double Erel cap and see what you think. I was told the cloth eagle has been reattached and located a bit high.
    What do you think?Luftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required pleaseLuftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe double Erel visor cap authentication required please
    P
    Many

Frank--
    The hat is a good Erel, but you are correct, the eagle has been replaced.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks for the info. Does the eagle being replaced detract from the selling price

Yes, but not hugely so-it should be redone.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers for that.

Thanks mate

Nice cap...all original as Stonemint points out. The Eagle has been re-attached and can be easily taken off and placed correctly with no trouble...as long as it's not hiding any damage to the cap.....just worth checking before hand as you never know.

cheers

Tony

I second the above. Items of this kind that endured after 1945 in Germany were then denazified by persons circa 1948 or 1957. The young collector of today, who is bedazzled by the ahistorical claptrap on these sites that an object must remain like sleeping beauty since Adolf and Eva departed the earthly coil, ignore the fact that denazification took place. In my years in West Germany in the 1970s and 1980s, how many things did I see with the Hoheitszeichen removed, and put aside? Hence, this alteration is of little account. It is a nice cap and it is easy enough to fix with some care.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-17-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Nice cap, looks good!