Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with this one drillich luftwaffe cap. I found info that these were not produced officialy but some were field made. Here is one made from drillich t

?

Default Luftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with this one drillich luftwaffe cap. I found info that these were not produced officialy but some were field made. Here is one made from drillich tunic I think (the marking inside). Is this one original? Are there any war time pictures of these caps? In this one there are no buttons, eagle looks like from tunic too. I think if somebody wants to fool you than will prepare something similar to the official one and this is also comming from old collector. Any opinion is welcome. Thank you, Mike

Luftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for helpLuftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe drillich field made cap - ask for help
    P
    Many

Interesting. I don't collect these, but my question would be why cut up a tunic to make a hat?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Interesting. I don't collect these, but my question would be why cut up a tunic to make a hat?
    Are m43 caps worth more than great coats or drillich tunics? Certainly many great coats were chopped up post war to make wool m43 caps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The context of my question was in wartime--there would be no incentive to destroy a tunic to make a hat.
    Obviously, post-war incentives change....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

My opinion is that it very likely is a war time hat, made from a damaged tunic. It seems most unlikely somebody would make this postwar to me, but like I say, thats just my opinion.

Incidently its somewhat similiar to my Luftwaffe cap which has been impossible to authenticate Genuine Luftwaffe cap? Its been in my 'fake' box for the last six years and I doubt its going anywhere else. I think you might have the same difficulties with your cap.

Doug

Whatever it is, I am quite certain the insignia is a fairly recent addition...I have never seen these without lining before though....
    Glenn