Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe fliegermütze questions

Article about: Hi guys, I got my lufty side cap the other day and took some better close up photos, I have a few questions, I heard that machine applied insignia is harder to find on these, was hand stitch

Default Luftwaffe fliegermütze questions

Hi guys,
    I got my lufty side cap the other day and took some better close up photos, I have a few questions, I heard that machine applied insignia is harder to find on these, was hand stitched application done at factory level? and what does mine look like, I dont think its machine applied because I dont see the tightly grouped zig zag stitching you would get from a machine, also this cap is in very great shape, deep blue color and rough textured wool, hardly any wear, and I read that they are easily faked or made for reenactments, how you would know for sure? also the maker mark is different from another G A Hoffman mark I have seen, and makes me nervous hearing that this maker was faked alot also, I believe this maker logo usually has a rectangular box around it, not sure if there were different variations during different years? I hope the photos are good enough and any help is appreciated, I love learning, Thanks!
    Luftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questionsLuftwaffe fliegermütze questions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe fliegermütze questions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe fliegermütze questions

hmmmmmmm where did everyone go? lol

Hand sewn insignia is conventional for this type of cap. This was done at the factory. Machine application would actually be usual.

I cannot help on the ink stamps. Mine has the kind with the box around it. No doubt you have seen it on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, very interesting, I wonder the reason why some where hand sewn and some machine, and yes I saw yours, that is why I question the stamp on mine, not sure if Hoffman kept the same exact stamping throughout the war or if there were variations over the years, I think yours was an earlier date then mine, I shall continue my research.

If anyone else knows about this makers stamps please chime in, Ive only seen them with a box around the name, including the berolinas, Im hoping that mid/late war they may have changed it but I cant find any other examples dated 42.