Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   after visiting Brecon military fair today I spotted this hat. I was told that it is a genuine M43 belonging to a former member of the HG division. Apart

Default Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?

Hello,
    after visiting Brecon military fair today I spotted this hat.
    I was told that it is a genuine M43 belonging to a former member of the HG division.
    Apart from the story is this a genuine M43?

Any opinions welcomed

Many thanks
    Doug

Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?
    P
    Many

Hello Doug,
    I believe this is often referred to as a mechanics M43 due to the fact that it is not made of wool. I see nothing that makes me think it is related to the Herman Goering Div.
    Others with more knowledge in this area will correct me if I am wrong.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have collected HG items. The only kind of caps you could associate with the HG Division would be those specifically marked inside or the visor cap with white Waffenfarbe. A nice story that may or may not be true. The cap looks similar to my M43. One thing to look for are the little cloth retaining loops on the left and right side. On this cap I'd guess they are made from some synthetic material. We need some better photos of the interior. NH

Thanks Ralph and NH for your prompt replies.
    It does have the loops so I will try to photograph them in the crap lighting I have in this room.

Please find some pictures below.

All the best
    Doug

Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?

It is nearly identical to the cap I own. Thanks for the additional photos. The lining looks to be Rayon or Viscose as it was known in Europe. A similar cap has been featured on this site. I will try to post photos of my cap tomorrow. NH

A very nice cap that has an unproven provenance. Bales of these caps were found in Holland in the 1960's. For years they could be found in multiples at every gun show in the USA. Today, they have all been swallowed up in to collections.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

I too have an example of this type of M-43 , mine is very well worn and salty . Which would lead me to believe it's original as I've had it for many years . So it would pre-date the growth in reenactment . Just a thought .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?  

the cap is good the story very doubtful.[bump up price]

Here is my example. I will post all 6 photos in another thread. The material is very distinctive. Also, the bill on these caps seems to be made from some kind of cheap cardboard that easily warps. NH

Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?Luftwaffe M43 Cap Hermann Goring?

Perfect match NH.
    Thanks for posting the pictures and your help in identifying it good from bad.

All the best
    Doug