Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe officer side cap

Article about: Hello everyone! Found this side cap. It is very different from the standard issue and also does not have a cocarde. I cannot find much information on private purchase side caps. For me it ha

Default Luftwaffe officer side cap

Hello everyone!

Found this side cap. It is very different from the standard issue and also does not have a cocarde. I cannot find much information on private purchase side caps. For me it has a good feel to it, also size 54 would be rather small for reproduction I expect? Any opinions on the cap and the Assmann cap batch will be much appriciated!

Luftwaffe officer side capLuftwaffe officer side capLuftwaffe officer side capLuftwaffe officer side capLuftwaffe officer side capLuftwaffe officer side cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer side cap
    P
    Many

?

Hi willemketel,
    Looks like an NVA cap to me.

Hi, I agree that it is a post war cap. One tell is you can see where the size label/manufacturer label has been cut off under the size 54 marking. Also the weave of the tricot is different to ww2 examples as is the shape.

hope this helps you and sorry can't give better news. Not sure if the eagle is a good one either, may have a chance.....

cheers

Tony