Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.

Article about: A friend of mine showed me this one yesterday, he bought it in the UK many years ago, and was content in his belief that this is a period made cap, I said that in my most humble opinion, I w

Default Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.

A friend of mine showed me this one yesterday, he bought it in the UK many years ago, and was content in his belief that this
    is a period made cap, I said that in my most humble opinion, I wasn't thrilled with the cap, and I believe it to be a post-war
    creation. My reasons, the K.H. Flauder maker stamps are a worry, and the actual shape of the cap is not what I would expect with
    a Luftwaffe officer cap, nothing wrong with the insignia, but a post-war cap I think, however, I am happy to be proved wrong,
    some photos of my visit yesterday....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.   Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.  

Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.   Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.  

Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.   Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Officer side cap (overseas cap) with bullion insignia.
    P
    Many

Looks to be a fine period original cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Looks to be a fine period original cap.
    I sure hope you are right Bob, I am going on the shape of the cap, when it is laid flat the cap is very flat along the bottom, most of the original sidecaps
    I have seen have a fairly pronounced curvature to them. That was my main concern, (I loved the insignia), and I know the Flauder stamped caps have been
    heavily reproduced, but again,... I am hoping I am wrong on this one, it sure does look nice....

The stamp was copied by Janke years ago and this has muddied the water re this maker.

I see what you are saying re the shape of the lower edge. But looking at it overall, it looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well that is good enough for me, thanks Ade and Bob, if you guys are giving it a thumbs up, I will pass on to my friend that my uneasiness is unfounded.
    My friend will be very happy with the news.

Thanks again, and best wishes

Bob